Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

dobbie, hominy is a type of corn. It comes in a can. Look for it at the market. There is white and yellow. It's in kernel form, not powder.

Warlock

• Xena
    Xena

Grits are made from hominy. Hominy itself is a type of corn. It looks like a white corn kernel.

• Xena
    Xena

Anyone else like ceviche? My daughter and I like to make ours with fresh tuna and then add chopped up tomato, cilantro, onion with lots of lime juice.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Oh ok never heard of that or grits will have to google it

• dobbie
    dobbie

oh i get it (doh!) its like tinned sweetcorn - yum!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Dobbie. I know the feeling. I grew up in the Northern United States where grits isn't a staple of the table as it is in the south. But, if you go to the Southern United States, you can find grits on almost any menu, especially for breakfast. Years ago, I had to travel to Atlanta for business. The person who I was meeting suggested we meet at the hotel restaurant first thing in the morning for "eggs and grits". I didn't know what "grits" were either at that time. They sure got a kick out of this Yankee boy asking what exactly a grit was. Needless to say, after trying them, I guess it must be an acquired taste.

• Xena
    Xena

I haven't introduced Ross to grits yet. Nothing like a plate of squished up over easy eggs mixed with grits, lots of salt, pepper and butter.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Anyone else like ceviche?

No, so you can have mine.

Warlock

• quixote
    quixote

Warlock

Have you ever tried Menudo with Mofongo ? It's a Dominican dish which makes my mouth water.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Have you ever tried Menudo with Mofongo ?

Q, what is Mofongo, or should I ask?

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit