Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

Hamberger Helper cheeser mac and stroganoff

I love it I would rather have than the real stuff.

That and the fact when I am away from home I live on those cheap peanut butter and cheese flavored crakers. Rarely eating anything else when out hiking or camping.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Crow

It's served to me from time to time, but I don't recommend it,......

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey, for those who live in NYC, I just found a place in lower manhatten that sells corn ice cream:

Cones
    272 Bleecker St (Cross Street: Between Morton Street and Jones Street)
    New York, NY 10014-4104

When we have our ex-jwmeetup group this summer, I'm going to take everyone there for some corn ice cream.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I nearly puked my guts after taking a big mouth full of it.

vomit....I guess that explains the name?

• vomit
    vomit

Well my name was because I was once banned from this forum.
    So I chose Vomit as in "the dog has returned".

• Do you Mr. Jones?
    Do you Mr. Jones?

When I was young, there was a kid next door whose mother would send him out every Saturday morning to our house. She would arm him with a portable breakfast of a peanut-butter and mayonnaise sandwich. Sometimes he used to take the two slices of bread apart and lick the mayonnaise off. I never said anything -- not wanting to hurt his feelings -- but I found it disgusting.

Some years later when I was living on my own -- I hated cooking because I was a horrible cook. So, I used to make simple and fast meals. I would make up tuna fish (with green onions, pickles, etc.) Then I would heat flour tortillas with cheddar or jack cheese. After the cheese had melted and the tortillas were soft and pliable, I'd slather on the tuna fish mixture and throw in some sliced avocado. And roll it up. I loved it. A JW brother from a Mexican family saw me eating it one day and went crazy! "That's disgusting! You can't put fish in a taco! That's sacrilege!" Well, today, many years later, they have fish tacos available commercially.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I don't think i eay any really weird stuff, cos theres lots of things i don't eat anyway. I do have a thing about bread though.I love mushy pea fritter and chip butties, potato waffle sandwich with ketchup and vegeburger sandwich. Apart from that my diets normal!

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I'll buy a tub of cottage cheese and a bottle of ranch dressing, mix about half the bottle into the cottage cheese, then stir that all together and use it for potato chip or corn chip dip. Once the tub starts getting empty enough to where I'm getting more of my dip concoction on my knuckles than I am on my chips, and the chips left in the bottom of the bag are the small and broken ones anyway, I will just pour all the crumbs into the tub, and mash the whole mess together into a mush and eat it by the spoonful.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    When I was young, there was a kid next door whose mother would send him out every Saturday morning to our house. She would arm him with a portable breakfast of a peanut-butter and mayonnaise sandwich. Sometimes he used to take the two slices of bread apart and lick the mayonnaise off. I never said anything -- not wanting to hurt his feelings -- but I found it disgusting.

• aarque
    aarque

My grandsons put ketchup on everything. So, one evening at supper, when they put ketchup on their plates, I thought I'd be funny and stirred some mustard into my mashed potatoes. They said yuck..but it was so good, I now do it all the time. I also love peanut butter - especially on toast..when it melts into all the nooks and crannies... as a kid I enjoyed peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches... spaghetti with a bit of melted butter and sprinkled with parmesan cheese...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit