Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I remember the first time I had corn ice cream.

That sounds good. If I ever go to Puerto Rico I'll have to try it.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Corn ice cream, corn fritters, corn on the cob, corn whiskey (bourbon), corn niblets, creamed corn, corn casserole, corn salad, barleycorn, corn chowder, corn soup, corn flour, corn syrup, candy corn, it's all good!

I'm always amazed at how ingestion of corn and corn products produces bouyant floaters the next day.

They should make ships out of corn.

What would have become of the Titanic and Lusitania were they manufactured from corn?

Just wondering.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Then I add arare rice crackers (mochi crunch) with the mix....it is so delicious.

Leolai any kind of mochi is deliscious! I love organic mochi from the health food store that I bake. It puffs up all crispy and chewy. hhhmmmmmmmmm

Today I ate raw eggplant and mom thought that was really wierd. I eat raw veggies of all kinds with organic apple cider viniger and evaporated sea salt.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Corn ice cream, corn fritters, corn on the cob, corn whiskey (bourbon), corn niblets, creamed corn, corn casserole, corn salad, barleycorn, corn chowder, corn soup, corn flour, corn syrup, candy corn, it's all good!

How about purple corn coolaid? I drank that in Peru, it is called chicha morada. They also tried to make me eat guinea pig and deep fried frog, the whole frog...

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I had to add to this post because for years I have been torturing my family with wierd kinds of food...

It all started when I was a baby and we lived in Germany--my mother would feed me hot sausages with hot mustard, beer, and I apparently loved cheese covered in black peppercorns. When I asked her why she would feed me this, she said I would scream bloody murder until she gave in... My stomach is apparently indestructable. Then there is the story of how I learned to crawl quickly by chasing the cockroaches when we lived in the Orient (army brat)...not sure if I caught any, not sure if I want to know!

Anyway, lately I have been cooking pan fried cabbage, onions with potates with a curry seasoning...yummy

I make soup out of anything that is leftover in my fridge---and I mean ANYTHING. The kids dread having soup for lunch...

I like plain fat-free yoghurt covered in President's Choice Caramel sauce with peanuts...yeah, sort of defeats the purpose but I love the taste.

And I used to hate pancakes until I discovered that I could spread them with PB and Jam!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

How about purple corn coolaid? I drank that in Peru, it is called chicha morada. They also tried to make me eat guinea pig and deep fried frog, the whole frog...

You are correct- I missed one. Also, corny jokes. OK that's two I missed.

Mmmmmmm, corn.

Mmmmmmmm. Guinea pig.

Mmmmmmmmmm. Deep fried frog. The whole frog. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• mouthy
    mouthy

sh*t on a shingle

YUK SOUNDS LIKE IT!!!!!!!

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Good quality, large curd cottage cheese with Flamin' Hot Cheetos mixed in. The cool of the cottage cheese counteracts the hot of the cheetos.

Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. Jiff (creamy), good bacon (maple or brown sugar flavored is great), toasted bread.

Pickels and Pringles. Stack 2 or 3 regular Pringles chips and 1 dill pickle slice. yum.

Fried bologna sandwiches.

Hot dogs fried in beer. I don't do that one very often, but sometimes.

BTW, boiled hot dogs are just plain nasty. Hot dogs have to at least be fried if not grilled.

• gwyneth
    gwyneth
    Also when I was a kid I used to eat pinnaple sandwiches with mayonaise. Also tomato sandwiches with mayo.<

My boyfriend grew up during WWII, and worked in the shipyards when he was 12. Large shipments of canned pineapple would come in, and they would distribute some of the pineapple to the workers. This is what they would subside on for weeks at a time, because it was free and rations were slim. He LOVES pineapple and mayo sandwiches (I think they remind him of his childhood.) He convinced me to try it, and it was totally disgusting. He is also nostalgic for Spam, Vienna sausages, corned beef in a can--any kind of canned, processed meats. Something called potted meat, too.

Tomato sandwiches on toasted bread, with mayo and hot sauce are divine. I like vanilla ice cream on my apple-cinnamon oatmeal. Yum. Grilled cheese and sweet (bread and butter) pickle sandwiches. I also like to dip my pizza slice or french fries in thousand island dressing. Tuna, pineapple and cheese sandwiches.

• vomit
    vomit

Whale,
    Grasshoppers,
    Scorpion,
    Frog,
    Baby Sparrow,
    Balut(duck egg with fetus),
    Dragon Flies,
    Wasp nest
    Jelly fish,
    Spiders,
    Silk worm larva
    Chevet cat,
    I have a feeling I ate dog as my Chinese friend was laughing his head of at how much I like the "special dinner".

Favorite food:foie gras, basashi (Raw Horse Meat) and emu runners up.
    Worst Japanese "Normal" food: Ankimo it sometimes called Japanese Fois Gras its made from fish liver I nearly puked my guts after taking a big mouth full of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit