Real Dolls

by needproof 120 Replies latest members adult

• needproof
    needproof

Ok, so I thought i'd bring up a subject about Real Dolls.

I was watching TV last night, and a documentary was on which focused on guys who lived with real dolls. If anybody is unfamiliar with real dolls, this is a link to a place that makes them

The documentary got me thinking. Now these people on with dolls were slightly fanatical. One guy cried when he had to send his doll off for repair. Most viewed the dolls as sex objects. But these people really struggled to fit in socially. And they seemed quite happy in their life. Now i'm not trying to compare anybody here but I thought about some people being against homosexual marriage, and how some people say 'I think it's not right', to which there is a (valid) argument 'if they are doing it in their own homes, why should I care?'.

Well, these doll lovers were doing it in their own home, not hurting anybody. At one stage in my life, particularly in the thickoid brigade (JW's), I would have got pretty judgmental about the whole thing. But now, I try to live and let live.

As one of the guys on the program said "99% of people out there would think I am nuts, or weird, but I enjoy my life'. So, he's not hurting anyone, it's not like he's getting sexually frustrated and wondering who to rape next, so why should he be laughed at?

Now I know some people out there are very immature, maybe some reading this post, so I don't want comments like 'why dont you go and get one' or stuff like that. There is always the other WT forum for that. I just wanted to know your comments on this Doll thing, they cost about six thousand dollars.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I read an article about the Real Dolls some time ago. In it, I learned everything I wanted to know about Real Dolls...perhaps a bit more than I wanted to know.

My conclusion was that it was a truly sad commentary on the mental state of a man, when a mannequin is preferable to a real person...

I'm sorry. If you live with a Real Doll and make sweet love to a Real Doll, you are weird. I'll let a shrink determine if you are crazy. But you are most certainly weird.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am much like you. I used to think "Disgusting!" Now, I think, "No harm to others."
    After breaking from eldership, I have been able to totally not be judge over others.
    I have preferences and they have preferences, they differ from each other.
    What's wrong is to insist that people conform to a certain way of life, dress, speech, etc.

There are sex dolls that don't cost thousands. The guys who buy them are surely
    quiet about it, because I don't know anyone who ever admitted it. I think that's the
    difference. Why go on camera to talk about your fetish or kinky desires, even if it doesn't
    sound so bad? Other than the Jerry Springer crowd, is this something you want people to
    know about you? Homosexuality- yes, they don't need to hide in the closet. BUT people
    into whips and chains, rubber, insertion devices, covering their bodies with stuff, spanking,
    or dolls- other than writing anonymously to advice columnists, keep it to yourself or parade
    around in some festival if you must. Don't expect us uptight former fundamentalists to
    understand. Try not to judge us for turning the channel.

• Backed away
    Backed away
    Question: Does she come with a warranty? What happens if she breaks?

REALDOLL is very sturdy, but not meant to sustain extremely violent abuse. Due to the nature of the product, we cannot accept returns. However, westand behind our product and do whatever we can to satisfy our customers. In the unlikely event of a tear in the silicone flesh, you can easily repair the damage yourself with commercial grade silicone caulking, found at your local hardware store. Step by step instructions for such repair are included with your doll. We also offer full technical support on any repair you may have to perform.

Right off the site, I'm sorry, I can just imagine the look on the persons face at Home Depot when they ask if they can"help you" and you say, "yes" I almost want to call their tech support line..

"we stand behind our product" priceless!

• needproof
    needproof

Well, people only consider something to be normal if it conforms with the majority of public opinion. So I guess if 99% of people think it is not normal to have sex with a doll, it's just not normal.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I dunno... thinking about this... let's say one decides to get a 'realdoll'.

Then after a while, they get a 'real' girlfriend. How does that play out? It's not like you can deflate these things and put them into small box... they're something like 5'6 or 7 inches, right?

A scenario like, Suzy, I'd like yo to meet my realdoll, Margie. Margie, this is Suzy. Care for a threesome? *slap!*

(I also get this mental of a fella burying a realdoll in the backyard. THAT'd go over real well with the local cops.)

Unless there's a market on ebay for used realdolls. (I can only imagine the write-up on that ad, too.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Unless there's a market on ebay for used realdolls. (I can only imagine the write-up on that ad, too.)

Regards,

Jim TX

Ewww....that's like buying a used condom.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

at one time I would have thought - totally nuts - but sure , not harming anybody (like masturbation) and relieves sexual frustration so why not. However, I may if desperate be willing to fork out 500 bucks , but no way thousands of bucks - tha tis a lot of money. Of course the cynical response to that is "Women cost you a lot more than 1000s of bucks during a lifetime!!

• BrentR
    BrentR

I saw a very in depth story about those on the Playboy Channel. They make male and female dolls. It is a sad commentary on our society that there is a market for them. Every day I see less then attractive and downright ugly couples that seem perfectly happy with each other. There is someone for everyone out there, just like jobs, IF YOU BOTHER TO GO OUT AND LOOK!

It seems like a lazy copout to never learn how to relate, understand and communicate with the opposite sex. We all have to be able to exist and function with each other. It is a skill we will spend the rest of our lives perfecting and benefitting from.

Us humans have a very long and ever growing list of destructive behaviours to get wrapped up in.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I've gotta agree with Brent on this one.

It's not that the act itself seems abhorrent - I don't get it, but whatever...it's the replacing a real person and getting some kind of meaningful connection with a molded pile of latex that I find a little sad and disturbing.

It says alot about what we expect from a relationship. Be silent and sexually available whenever I want - I find that a little warped - that you find those two things alone enough to not seek out a human partner.

I normally do say to each there own - whatever makes you happy -- but for some reason I don't see this as being harmless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit