Anyone here, have you had enough religion for the rest of your life?

by restrangled 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

I think your situation is pretty normal. Most here on the board are discusted with religion "as they know it" or "percieve it". It took me a few years of going from one Christian denomination to another before throwing up my hands in disqust. Became a confirmed agnostic, wouldn't go so far as atheist as that was making a claim I couldn't substantiate any more than theism. After many years an agnostic and having been exposed to a lot more religious thought outside the limited scope of Christian dogma and theory, I was open to a paradigm that was inclusive rather than the exclusivity of 99% of humanity. It feels wonderful now to accept all of humanity as a brotherhood, one like immature siblings has its growth pangs and spats, but will eventually reach maturity. I enjoy nothing more than a thoughtful discussion on religion, so, nope, not burned out any more. carmel

• Free
    Free

Oneness with self is my religion. You are the one who controls your thoughts and makes you feel. Religion is dead, and so we all will be one day. Take charge of the rest of your life.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I'm with you on this one. I have no use whatsoever for religion in any form.

Had enough to last me a thousand life times.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I liked this deeply moving answer that took much reflection and broke it down
    to it's most basic element-

Finito!

I second that.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have accepted that I do not have the answers to the big questions in life. And it truly no longer matters. To me this is what most religions are about, thinking they know the secrets that others don't.

But the same can be said for a lot of other theories in life. I do like to be treated with respect and kindness and therefore try to treat others the same. Other than this, I am kinda drifting right now, letting my mind take me to different places. Looking forward to whatever comes next.

• Paisley
    Paisley

I for one cannot stand any religion on any level. How do you feel?

r.

Same here.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Enough Religion--Yes

Spirituality--No

abr

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

You betcha RS

Dismembered

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I am still a deeply religious man. Please see Philippians 3:19

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

I'm done! I can't see myself EVER getting involved in any religion again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit