Anyone here, have you had enough religion for the rest of your life?

by restrangled 88 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thats how I feel,..... no disrespect for those who find another way or place to worship.

I for one cannot stand any religion on any level. How do you feel?

r.

• vomit
    vomit

I have pretty much enough of Religion, Politics, Rhetoric in genera.
    I could probably be called a Nihilist, I believe in nothing at all. Almost no morals, society, any ideology, except my own.
    Everything ever wrote is just based on another mans perspective, there are no great men, everybody has an agenda.

I am not a nihilist though because there are some shared truths, in that this world is pretty shitty. Anything you belive with out question or physical evidence become your master.

• restrangled
    restrangled

V...

I'm going to look into this,...sounds good to me.

r.

• vomit
    vomit

Really all my life, especially with religion, moral are a vague kind of peer pressure. People don't actually care if you have sex outside marriage etc. The just want to elevate themselves above you and "morals" give them that to the greater public. Same goes for religion. They want to be seen to be better than you, the only way you can feel better about yourself is that you find somebody who has less morals than you.

Get enough people together that thinks something random like the colour blue is immoral and you will find out pretty quick they get indignant if you wear a blue jumper. Especially if it has a smurf printed on it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Gee, why would I be completely cynical and burnt out about a supreme being and organized religion in general ? But, you know what? I am positive that my present outlook is the real "truth". Some of you feel sorry for me, and I feel sorry for you.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Finito!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Gregor.... I hear you!

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

I feel burnt out on religion at this point in time, and i have so many question that need to be answered. I have problems with the young earth theory, The adam and eve account and a few other things. I worry sometimes about what i will teach my son. Pretty much all religions encourage a closed mind that wont consider both sides to everything. I dont understand why God would allow suffering of a child in 2007 because a couple ate the wrong fruit.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    have you had enough religion for the rest of your life?

lol, yes. so much so that i see religion everywhere, even in non religious institutions. i guess it is really just having had enough with religious mind sets.

my definition of "spirituality" has been extensively revamped too.

tetra

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Religion yes, spirituality no. I am totally anti established religion at this time. And hope to stay that way. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit