Anyone here, have you had enough religion for the rest of your life?

by restrangled 88 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

And then some.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There have been more than a few threads asking similar questions. I checked on this, and it appears that I have not replied. So, here is my answer to the question - "have you had enouth religion for the rest of your life?" And the answer is:

yes, done, I quit, finite, If I could find another adjective that expresses my absolute abhorrence of religion I would use it.

Did I mention that I am DONE? I gave at the office. I gave my first 35 years of my life and took another 15 years to disengage. So with all the work I did to remove myself from religion, I would NEVER go back.

Do you really understand how done I am? Stick a fork in me - I am FUC?&*G done.

There, I said it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Newyork44, Is that your final answer? :)

• Dagney
    Dagney

What NY44M said.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yep. I’m done with religion, god, Jesus and any of their derivatives.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No. I wasnt born or raised in the borg though. Id be happy to see them all embrace universalism.

• cofty
    cofty

Trying to draw a line between religion and unspecified variations of theism is a distinction without a difference.

It just means you have decided which superstitious beliefs and arbitrary rules to accept and which to reject.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Apparently not. We're still here aren't we?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

To clarify:

If you had asked:

• Do you think you will you ever join another religion?

The answer would be:

• No fucking way!

However, that is NOT what you asked.

I am reminded of Rhett Butler's famous final line to Scarlett O'Hara in GWTW:

• Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

If he really didn't give a damn, he would never have returned to Tara to tell her so.

That very fact that we (yes, all us JWN members) are here reading and posting is proof positive that we are NOT in fact done with religion.

We may never, ever, ever believe again in any particular diety or religious belief system (that's where I'm at), but we are here discussing and debating about a number of religious topics, particularly those relevent to the insanity known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

I know, we have our reasons--anger, confusion, seeking understanding, seeking advice, trying to help others, (the list is long)--and many of them are good ones. But we clearly are not "done" with religion. If we were, we wouldn't be here.

Anyone that is done, is not here to read your question.

• Dagney
    Dagney

No. I'm really done.

But I'm not done with my exJW friends I met here.

I'm not done with my JW friends and family.

I'm not done reading the various thoughts and comments from posters here.

But, yeah, I am absof**kinglutely done with religion/God/ Haysus. Got the tee shirt. Stuck a fork in it.

I-AM-REALLY-DONE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit