Anyone here, have you had enough religion for the rest of your life?

by restrangled 88 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

Leaving left my religion

satinka

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Freedom is so luxurious. It's been six months of fading for me and I can't see myself returning to any religion. I'm enjoying yoga, Sam Harris, Hitchens, writing in my journal, volunteering in my community etc. way too much to be worried about religion.

• tec
    tec

I didn't have much of it to begin with, but as Fernando said on the page before, "Most definitely."

Spirit and Truth (Christ)... not religion.

Peace,

tammy

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was pretty done with all religion by the time I left, but I recently started attending a church. It was very nice, nothing like the dubs, but I haven't been in a while. They were OK with not being sure God exists, it's pretty liberal, but guess I am still afraid of getting hurt again. I haven't ruled out going back, I would like to be part of a faith based community, but ......I am not sure I want to commit to anything.

• Fernando
    Fernando

@LisaRose

Personally I have come to conclude that genuine non-supremacist, non-coercive and non-divisive "faith based community" only has a chance where religion is at a minimum, the gospel is the focus, and the real Jesus is the centre.

But humans are addicted to religion and often seem to find ways of dragging elements of it back into such communities.

Humans just love power, control and authority over other humans - however subtle.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i often feel i've had enough of everything for the rest of my life

• JWB
    JWB

I concur. I do still have a religion though, its called FAMILY.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    But humans are addicted to religion and often seem to find ways of dragging elements of it back into such communities.

Fernando, too true, I guess that is one of my hesitations. I do not want to get involved only to find out it was no better than the dubs. I was attracted to it because they are very welcoming, and they do a lot of charitable works, feeding the hungry, etc. There was a lot about it I liked, I did miss certain things about being in such a group. But I have been OK for the last thirteen years with no religion, so why change now?

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

i agree....tired of the bs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What ever happened to restrangled?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit