Anyone here, have you had enough religion for the rest of your life?

by restrangled 88 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

By using the standard JW practice of taking writings out of context, it's possible to turn this thread into almost any direction.

I go regularly religiously.

W

Ah, so "religion" is a metaphor, right?

LT, of the "anti-typical religious" class

• mia_b
    mia_b

I wouldn't say for the rest of my life but for the moment yes.

I'm just coming to terms with the fact that i hav been a victim of mind control - from my father (you're stupid, you'll never amount to anything, what happened to our relationship, you used to love me, giv me a kiss) and the Borg (you must live your life like we tell you then you'll be happy - no u cant be suicidal, u obiously dont pray enough)

At the moment i'm quite vulnerable and wouldn't want to be swept away by anything else before i know who me is, what my mind is.

the board is becoming my new religion for the mo!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes absolutely,

But occasionally I have a need for some theocratic dogma, so I put my head in a vise and sqeeze it tight and leave it there for an hour, then I feel relieved

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

No thank you, due to my honesty and personal intregrity I rather not serve and support a obviously corrupt and hypocritical corporation as the WTS.

I've born witness to the personal damage it causes individuals and testified to the false prophesying business for what it is structured on. Now that I'm free of it's

manipulative slavery I can say with certainey I will never again be a slave to such blatant corruption. I've cast down the disgusting thing, so now my mind is clear,

my soul is full of purity and honesty, ......... my heart is happy again !

I've double flushed the WTS. down the toilet and now I'm holding my nose until the odour passes !

• clarity
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Most definitely.

I was introduced to religion's exact opposite (antithesis) and enemy (nemesis) by a simple question at the end of 2005:

"What is the gospel in one word."

Pursuing the gospel lead me in an opposite direction to the Watchtower.

The divergence was so great that our whole family walked out mid-2009 never to return.

I now enjoy a vibrant faith (higher level of consciousness and intelligence) and a vibrant spirituality (a living direct connection with the divine that is within every human).

Personally I identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious), non-sectarian, non-denominational, Christian, Jew and Muslim.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are the kind of believer I like Fernando ! you have obviously thought things through, and have come to a personal faith not dictated to you by another man, or men.

I also like the way you do not present your conclusions as something we all need to adopt OR ELSE ! , you simply offer your thoughts, without threats.

As to any organized religion, (not personal faith) I think Richard Dawkin's little slogan is so so true:

" Religion poisons everything".

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Yup, as a witness I was extremely intolerant of people in general. I noticed so many things wrong with this group or that one but never saw anything wrong with mine. I disliked LGBT for no reason, I pushed my beliefs on people trying to enjoy their free time- at their OWN homes. I rode a very high horse and felt like a blind man staring into the mirror.

The bigotry I experienced was disgusting, "oh don't hang out with them they're worldly" "you can't talk to her she's df'd" Always a reason why WE were better and YOU were not despite the love we preached on Saturdays at 9:30am.

With all said and done my time in a religious setting was for the most part bad. There were nice moments and great people but they never could compensate for the myriad of things wrong. Undoubteldy I find myself far from religion and from ever wanting to go back to any type of organized religious observation..

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thank you kindly Phizzy.

As a 3rd generation born-in I had no prior or alternative reality to refer back to. I did not fall into the hole. I was born into it.

The journey away from supremacist Watchtower dogmatism and authoritarianism challenges all of us in different ways.

A few kind words along the way are a big help and encouragement.

May you and yours have your hopes and dreams realised.

Greetings

Fernando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit