Homeopathy popular in Jehovah's Witnesses ?

by Tigerman 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

So before my day gets too crazy, I just need to say that I found the above posts becoming a little too school yard "your a stupid head, no your a stupid head".

The positive thing is that every has a strong opinion and they have formed it based on their own experiences. Good for all of you for having an opinion and sticking to it, whether everyone agreed with it or not. The JW mind set is to go with the posted signs and never deviate.

That being said. I would like to comment on something else that was brought up here.

strap you naked to a pole and wait

Hey, I am all for you doing that and me watching. I say let's let the thrush pass and then go from there. Yup, I am all into voyeurism!

Have a good one peeps. Oh and Tigerman, can you tell by the responses, there is no easy answer to your question!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Mary, thanks for the scans. If the melatonin works for my sleep, maybe the ginko will help my memory. There is nothing more frustrating that being in mid-sentence and forgetting what I was trying to say.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

looking_glass . . . no easy answers, but a LOT of them. Thanks to all for your help.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    use accupuncture methods in testing if they weren't "evidence-based". I spoke to virtually everyone I know in the local medical community, and this neurologist was at the top of every list I was given.

I enjoyed your post, just wanted to tell you that you had an EMG . I do not think it is based on accupunture. it is a common test done to test nerve conduction. I'm having one myself soon.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Perhaps this has been already mentioned, but one major reference among European JWs who are into homeopathy and naturopathy is Swiss Dr. Alfred Vogel (founder of the Bioforce company) -- I recently heard that he remained a JW down to his death.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Narkissos,

That has not been mentioned. If you got anything on this Doctor, I'm interested.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Most sites are in German but here is one in English http://uk.avogel-server.org/avogel-world-new/index.php

I doubt his religious affiliation will be mentioned though. You can pm JWD member motema bolingo, I think he knew him personally.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Just a quick glance through the site. I bookmarked it and will look at it more later, but this was impressive...

First appearance of the classic work, The Nature Doctor, which is well known throughout the world today and has been translated into 12 languages.
    Circulation to date: over two million copies.
  • Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

The JW's I've known in several cities and congs have been into alternative therapies for a long time. I remember hearing about Dr. Vogel when I was about 10 years old. My father was interested in all things natural, and got us kids involved too. Do you know how disgusting most of those natural cures taste!!!!!????? My inlaws regularly visit a "brother" that does iriodolgy. I've known several JW's that practice reflexology. Known JW's that go to Mexico for treatment of cancer and other things.

But, they only go so far. I once suggested biofeedback as something for my sister to look into for her chronic back pain. She (and my mother) freaked on me and said I was promoting faith healing!! Go figure!

BB

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I've known several JW's that practice reflexology.

Now that's interesting. I know several people that do reflexology and not one of them is, or ever has been a JW.

The JW's I've known in several cities and congs have been into alternative therapies for a long time.

Again, I know many many people who are into alternative therapies and most of them are not JW's.

I spent several weeks in Malaysia a few years ago, and the majority of people there are into alternative therapies. I didn't meet any JW's among them. All the doctors in that country are known as traditional medical doctors. It means the old traditional, not modern tradtional.

I think all of you are harping on the JW angle because that was your world of reference for so many years. If you look outside that community, you find people who are attracted to the same things they were.

I have hundreds of customers for my products, but I doubt may of them, if any, are JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit