What Do You Do for Work?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 68 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

:: Zagor: self-employed doing WHAT exactly?

I've had a computer consultancy, which really burned me out within few years, so recently have started doing something I don't have formal education in but lots of personal experience. I'm into sport health and fitness, focusing on balanced nutrition for professional sport people.

But it is really something anyone interested natural health can do, I just specialize in sport side, but again anyone interested can start doing this as a business. If you are interested PM you can start that in no time and you don't have to start with big money, or any money at all. Many people stated in slow and within a year or two had developed great business to the point where they had to stop working full time on their day job because it became waste of time and money. I just didn't want to wait two years and have invested in it so it is already a businss.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Realtor and I love it, my wife is one also, it allows me to travel a lot, play golf and exercise everday.

abr

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am a detention officer. I work midnights. It's a good job.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Elsewhere:

I'm a bean farmer.

You must be in the same business as me. I am a bean counter.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Ya know... they say beans are the magical fruit!

Elese...didnt we talk about this ...just the other day? Beans, farts, how much of your pay at work goes to the bathroom time...and cats with dental flosss..... And you never get past the "F" word...

~Hill

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Mr. Mom. Saved a bunch, now I just play all day... and nap and eat and nap.

Could very well be the best "job" I've ever had. Kids grow very quickly, and yes, they do say the darndest things. Luckily they won't be saying, if I have anything to do with it, "good morning, we're here to talk about Jehoobie and the New Sesstem."

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Once upon a time I was a Sheriff / Detention Officer, not a job for Good Girls. Now I am a CNC Machinist. I load raw stock aluminum in a machine, press the start button and wait 1.5 hours on average, take out the finished part and load another. In between time I visit with my co-workers. Best job ever!

• Jourles
    Jourles

I work in this so you can talk on this.

People always ask me what I do and I have the darndest time telling them. 90% of the people I tell look at me with a blank stare. I've now narrowed down my job description to this:

"Have you seen those [cellular] commercials where people are being followed around by 'The Network?' I'm one of those guys. I'm the network."

It's amazing how that job description "clicks" with people after I tell them.

This is my dream job. I love what I do. But if I were to take it a step higher, I would love to work in the DEA or ATF working in their covert telephony operations. Back when I lived in Houston, I was the local contact with our company to help install wiretaps on suspect's phones with the two previously named gov't agencies. I've always thought that would be a blast. I just need a BS degree at a minimum to get my foot in the door. Luckily for me, I'm already on that path. And now that I've been severed from the org, I don't have to worry about any elders telling me that working for one of those agencies is wrong.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I work at a welding supply store. I do the office work in the back. (I never have to see customers... YAY!) I approve stuff for accounts payable at corporate to pay. I make the deposits for cash sales. Bill stuff to people's accounts. Update prices. blah blah blah... A lot of variety from day to day which I like and the pay is good but I hope to be outta here asap. I hardly ever see my boss and I can take off as much as I want. I would just rather be doing something more creative.

On the side I draw/paint. I just moved to a city so working as an artist would be more possible. I did find a gallery that is opening next year and I am supposed to put some stuff in it. Maybe this will take off. I am engaged and my fiance makes enough that all I really need to make is enough for a car note and spending cash. I'm crossing my fingers. It would be great to get to stay at home with my future kids one day.

School: I took a vo-tech class in high school for bookkeeping. I took art for 5 years in school and then 2 at a community college.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I'm a carpenter and I love it. I do custom woodworking in vary vary high end homes around the 20 million doller range. I specialize in making all the curved wood peaces for there homes. Such as the curved hand rails for the grand stairways and all the curved trim around the house... Chad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit