What Do You Do for Work?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 68 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Self-employed.

• exwitless
    exwitless

I'm a nurse (note my avatar). I love my job and everyone I work with. I'm not sure what you do right now that you are hating, so I don't know what to suggest as to "a different direction".

• garybuss
    garybuss

I learned in my younger years the reason I couldn't tell a bad boss to take this job and shove it was my debts. I saved up 6 months living expenses and had one rental providing income and I did it. I quit. I was 30. That was the last real job I ever had. At the time I believed I only had one year to live so it made quitting my day job much easier.

That was 1974.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Electrical Engineer, Controls Engineer, Systems Engineer, Computer Programer & Manager.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I was in Sales (healthcare) since the late 1980s. 3 1/2 Years ago, I resigned and am now a full time eBayer. Yep, that's how we pay all our bills! I have No Regrets because I have a Very Smart, Considerate Boss, "Me"

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I'm a carpenter but I would like to be a brain surgeon

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl: I highly recommend the book
    "I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was: How to Discover What You Really Want and How to Get It" by Barbara Sher. It takes the same take as the course jgnat was describing... do what you love... but takes it a bit further, and helps you realize what you love. At the very worst, it's an encouraging read.

Hook up with Sad Emo and snag a copy!

Cheers!
    Baba.

Thanks, Baba! I will definitely check it out! Thank you!!! ExWitless: I'm a travel agent. Zagor: self-employed doing WHAT exactly?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I've done a lot of different things in my life, but the one I'm doing right now is my favorite, I LOVE it. I'm a buyer, get to spend other people's money, get to wheel and deal, negotiate. Its so much fun! At my job we laugh every day, I work with a crazy ass bunch of people as am I, so we all fit in! On the down side, its a one-year temp position. However, I took that gamble because of the company I'm buying for and what it'll do for my resume.

Good luck in your search. Find something you absolutely love and go for it!

Sherry

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I am an admin assistant in clinical research for a pharmaceutical company. What do I do? Admin work 20% of the time, clinical trial project work the rest of the time. Very busy all the time.

• Purza
    Purza

I work for the government and I am here to help you.

Actually government work isn't bad especially for an ex-Jdub like me without a formal college education. I like my job (although it is slow at times) and I have the best boss. I am working towards getting a certification so I can do this job for another government agency when I move in about a year.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit