What Do You Do for Work?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

I manage a company. As for my real job, I can't say or else I would be "outed".

Let's just say, it has to do with "odds".

Warlock

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't work for money, I work for fun.

I took a career development course oh, 15 years ago. Best investment I ever made. The counsellor told us to find out what we LOVED to do and pursue that. Our dynamism would shine through. She was right.

I agree it is smarter to cut your losses if you don't get along with your immediate boss. All the career moves I've made in the past twenty years moved me upwards. If I'd waited for HR or my bosses to take care of me, I'd still be a file room clerk.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere - expand on that, please!

Simple: I farm beans.

Black beans, green beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, coffee beans... you know... beans.

When I use BBQ sauce as fertilizer I can grow ranch style beans.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I don't work for money, I work for fun.

I took a career development course oh, 15 years ago. Best investment I ever made. The counsellor told us to find out what we LOVED to do and pursue that. Our dynamism would shine through. She was right.

I agree it is smarter to cut your losses if you don't get along with your immediate boss. All the career moves I've made in the past twenty years moved me upwards. If I'd waited for HR or my bosses to take care of me, I'd still be a file room clerk.

Thank you jgnat.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I manage a company. As for my real job, I can't say or else I would be "outed".

Let's just say, it has to do with "odds".

Warlock

Oh yeah, that's right, Papa Bear, would you say it's been successful, your real job that is? And how did you learn it? By reading a book? Taking classes? Trial and error?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Black beans, green beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, coffee beans... you know... beans.

When I use BBQ sauce as fertilizer I can grow ranch style beans.

Elsewhere, would it be safe to say you are full of beans?

Haha, just kidding.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ya know... they say beans are the magical fruit!

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Hi GGBG!!!!! (and OFG!)

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Hi GGBG!!!!! (and OFG!)

Hey Girl! Where have you been hiding!?

Since ya stopped by .... you are a student, I think ... but how do you make your bucks? Besides by being awesome, of course.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Sad Emo, this sounds really nice to me... how did you get that job? What kind of background/education do you have?

I kind of landed in my current job! I'm actually trained in colour chemistry/dyeing but that sort of work is very difficult to get in the UK these days. I got made redundant from that job and so took the first job on offer (well, slightly more to it than that but I don't want to elaborate!).

It was very hard work training from scratch again. The previous owner was retiring so I basically got 1 month intensive basic training, but most of it like knowing what to stock comes with experience - knowing your customer base, things like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit