What Do You Do for Work?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

My husband and two of our sons own a drywall company. I am their bookkeeper.

I also do a little internet marketing (selling nutritional and vitamin supplements on my own website) and I make more money doing that.

I cleaned houses for about 12 years. There was real money in that, but I just got too old to do such hard work. I was spending about half of my income on the chiropractor for my bad back. It's been soooo much better since I closed that business.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    I was in Sales (healthcare) since the late 1980s. 3 1/2 Years ago, I resigned and am now a full time eBayer. Yep, that's how we pay all our bills! I have No Regrets because I have a Very Smart, Considerate Boss, "Me"

LoverOfTruth, how many hours per day do you spend doing this?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I get $2500.00 for every post and $4500.00 for every thread,I make on JWD...OUTLAW

• Quentin
    Quentin

Land Surveying Tech for a small frim...autocad plus several other things that relate to each land survey...been doing it about twenty years...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Architectural Rep for a major Window Manufacturer. You would recognize the name, one of the top 3.

Coffee

• seawolf
    seawolf
    Keeping the females wet...

I noticed the Northern California weather maps are always covered in a lot of green. Always wondered why.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I manage a resort for my in-laws. After 11 years of living on the property, I am ready for a change.

So, I have started my own home gourmet candle business and absolutely love it. Every time my husband complains about his body aching or his lack of pay, I tell him not to worry...I am selling candles. It's great and in a couple years....I should be doing very well.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am a Director for the Red Cross. My focus is on Disaster Management but I am also responsible for International response to disasters from my province. It has been a struggle to say the least to eek out an existence after entering the work force at 32 years of age (was in bethel before that). But I did it and here I am. I weekly interact with the Provincial and National elected officials, have met Condi Rice and regularly meet with Homeland Security and the Canadian equivilants thereof. Not bad for a former JDub (in my opinion) who has only been in the workforce for 10 years.

I am a firm believer in the concept that anyone can accomplish whatever they want to do if they set their mind to it.

Uzzah

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    I get $2500.00 for every post and $4500.00 for every thread,I make on JWD...OUTLAW

No fair! I want in!

I am a firm believer in the concept that anyone can accomplish whatever they want to do if they set their mind to it.

Uzzah

Thanks, Uzzah. Cool, everyone, it is so nice to read about what people do here and also it is just plain helpful and broadens my perspective on things. I'd love to start my own business but have always been scared to do it. Others that have done that sound pleased. Very nice. Seawolf, you just here to heckle OFG? What do you do, mate? ~Good Girl/Bad Girl

• hubert
    hubert
    I'm a carpenter but I would like to be a brain surgeon

Well, you are halfway there....you already got the tools.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit