What Do You Do for Work?

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 68 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I work for the worst person possible...................myself

I'm a Principal Broker in real estate

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Once upon a time I was a Sheriff / Detention Officer, not a job for Good Girls. Now I am a CNC Machinist. I load raw stock aluminum in a machine, press the start button and wait 1.5 hours on average, take out the finished part and load another. In between time I visit with my co-workers. Best job ever!

hahaha, yeah but jayhawk, do you make good money doing this and get good benefits?????

• Backed away
    Backed away

Regional Manager, Consumers Services, Major appliance manufacturer. too much travel...

• lola28
    lola28

insurance agent

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

house caretaker

sign language teacher

• Confession
    Confession

Own a Marketing Agency. (I write and produce commercials--mainly Radio ads, and buy media. I'm also hired as a voice talent for radio and tv voiceovers and film narrations.)

On weekends a company has hired me to put on group presentations for their prospects. They fly me to a different city 45 weekends per year to do this. (Talk about lots of travel! Can't keep that up forever.)

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Car sales. Decent money, no investment.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I do computer aided design for an aerospace company.

However, when my wife graduates with her masters degree in nursing and is a nurse practitioner we plan on having a kid. I'll be staying home with the baby. Hope we have a little girl.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I've done a lot of different things in my life, but the one I'm doing right now is my favorite, I LOVE it. I'm a buyer, get to spend other people's money, get to wheel and deal, negotiate. Its so much fun! At my job we laugh every day, I work with a crazy ass bunch of people as am I, so we all fit in! On the down side, its a one-year temp position. However, I took that gamble because of the company I'm buying for and what it'll do for my resume.

Good luck in your search. Find something you absolutely love and go for it!

Sherry

This sounds fun! Thanks for sharing, guys! I hope more people post their jobs/livelihood. It's really interesting to know what people spend their time doing in order to eke out a living. ~Good Girl/Bad Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit