How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I am awake and afraid, but I must clam up until I find the words to tell you what's on my mind. It's to do with Mrs. D., but not necessarily V.W. or Miss Taylor. I need to compose myself.........

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

NPR fund drive ended minutes ago. It's been going all week long, some 16 hours a day. Then the Satelite Broadcast kicks in. Mozart's "Sonata for Violin and Piano in C Major" has just begun. First cuppa cafe is taking hold and churning within. A no more apt word than that, as it's yesterday's and rather strong and corrupt.
    The sun is peering tentatively, wanly through a thin veil of clouds. February tends to herald a false spring here in the Golden State. A week or ten days of warm and sun, then BOOM! Winter screams back in with a fury. Yet this year has been so mild by comparison. Usually we have cats and dogs---60, 70 or more inches of rain. We'll see. We need it. We love it---even the bracing and drenching misery of the typical downpours lasting days and days....The south depends on us---swimming pools, water features............................
    "St. Paul's Suite," by Gustav Holst is beginning.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Heard on NPR news that The Army Corps of Engineers has declared levees in 27 states unsafe---animal burrowing, erosion, etc. Most violations in California---37. Twelve months to bring up to code. Mention too of Puerto Rico and another territory.
    Aldo Cicolini playing playing 12 piano pieces by Jules Massenet.
    Most important: 'Lunchtime in no time'---Denny's; 4 lunches in 15 minutes---Is that a promise?
    Off to clean neighbor's house now. If you don't hear from me in a while, DD, it's because of a major bodily-breakdown blow-out!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I have returned and am a survivor. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do. They cleaned up a bit before I arrived to do the cleaning. That's OK. Need all the help I can get.
    Massenet's piano pieces were "Three Marches for Piano," not 12. Four hands, Aldo C. playing both parts. It helps to get it correct the first time.
    More on climate news---cannot do a thing about it/problem largely of human origin. So they say. Info from Boulder, Colorado. What's there? Severe Weather headquarters?
    Dow Jones was 12665 at 13:00 EST; 12463 closing this p.m.

TORNADO WARNING---Neighbor told me he grew up in Indiana and in the '40s he saw [after the storm] a house turned on its foundation one-quarter turn but no damage other than sagging porches. A giant oak pulled up in slo-mo and laid gently on its side. Wind sweeping through the hen house and plucking the hens clean but not killing a one. There's more. Later. Are you OK in FLORIDA? I pray so!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I'm back sooner from music lessons than I imagined---never went. Illness chez les enfants. I'm too susceptible anymore to take chances. They gave me the option. Err on the side of caution. Each day is a struggle as it is.
    Am reading more on blood issue re: those poor babies, DD. Our collective "blood boiling" is surely an appropriate metaphor. I am trying to digest all the intelligently yet involved reasoning on the issue of blood transfusions. Dan, Skal, Gill, Skeet, K.L.W. and others are doing a laudable job of moving this issue forward. Will there be many, many more casualties among the misled and trusting brethren? I have friends and family whose decision on blood is known to me. I am wretched knowing what FWF and CJW have done to the minds of those I love. And those dear to me don't even know the charlatans who years ago concocted this bizarre sacrifice to Molech. I'm not asking to be spared the agony of withdrawing from this nightmare of a religion. Just the means to keep my emotional equilibrium as the WT's death knell creates collateral damage.
    DD, didn't mean this entry to be a downer for you---it simply poured out. I am involved. Where do I go from here?

C...

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thank you for thinking of us Coco,...We have the wanderer, outaservice, myself in this area. There may be others.

TORNADO WARNING---Neighbor told me he grew up in Indiana and in the '40s he saw [after the storm] a house turned on its foundation one-quarter turn but no damage other than sagging porches. A giant oak pulled up in slo-mo and laid gently on its side. Wind sweeping through the hen house and plucking the hens clean but not killing a one. There's more. Later. Are you OK in FLORIDA? I pray so!

In the middle of the night my dog started pacing and would not lay down. I got up with him once thinking he had to go outdoors. He wouldn't leave the house, I went out any way.

The sky was lit up like it was daylight with lightening, but there was no sound for a long time and then a horrible low rumble. The electricity in the air actually had my hair standing on end. There were fierce winds. I kept thinking that where ever that lightening was striking, people were in trouble.

I went back to bed but the dog would not let me rest. He paced and paced, coming in and nudging me with his nose.

The storm was about 15 miles from here. Next time I will pay more attention when my animals are upset.

r.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

So far as I know, at this moment, my dear ones are all right. What a relief! But sorrow for those not so fortunate---my thoughts, heart and prayers for their loss.
    I have not watched television since May of last year. I'm breaking with my steadfast tradition and viewing the news momentarily. Saw a bit of it at neighbor's home while house-cleaning. I don't do well with sensory overload; 70 plus stations on cable, supplied by landlord, is overkill. I choose not to deal with it.
    6:00 p.m. approaches and NBC News with Brian Campbell, I'm assuming. Can things change that much in nine months?
    You mean to tell me it started at 5:30! All that's changed is atrophy of the gray cells!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Going to check out PBS and see if something good is on, like NOVA. After 9 months away from the tube, I have no idea, and I refuse to buy a TV Guide. I'll wing it and see if there's even a remote chance of getting educated. Speaking of remote, where is it?
    Keep a page open for me....

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Translocation is not enough. "Nature" on PBS. In South Africa, black and white rhinoceroses were being poached out of existence. Some 50 000 of one or both varieties [can't recall the time frame exactly] shrank down to about 7 000 of one and, I believe, 4 000 of the other. So officials set out to translocate many of them to wildlife preserves. I saw the birth of a male rhino, weighing in at 40 kilograms. Up and walkin' about in an hour or two. Only film of such birth in the wilds. White rhino's name is a mistranslation/misunderstanding of what I imagine is Afrikaans for "wide". [sounds almost the same as English] It pertains to the beast's wide mouth, useful for scraping up his meals from the ground. The Black rhino has a beak-like mouth that is helpful in snapping foliage off bushes and trees. As to disposition, it's flight for Whites and fight for Blacks. A generalization, true, but a fairly good description of trademark behaviors. If a lion goes after the calf, mom will protect it to the death. If the mother---somehow----is killed, the babe will instinctively protect the slain parent. Incredible!
    So much more, DD, about mystery killing of 15 or 20 rhinos and shocking discovery of the real killers. [not human predators] Some info too on ungulates. See what happens the first time I watch TV---I have this need to report! Sorry.........

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Once again you were lost, and now you are found! Where is it exactly you slip away to? This has happened more than once and you never offer any explanation nor apology. I always learn second hand about your whereabouts from the librarian or the stationer. They may seem the demure types, but they've got eyes and ears everywhere. Did you sneak out and gossip my private matters to your lose-leaf friends over a pot of glue? Or were you hanging out with your snobby, bookish friends? I can't imagine what is worse. Your spilling my guts to your dog-eared comrades or the arrogance you display when returning from your high-class book-signing parties. At least WRITE me a note if you are going out!
    Will be back in a little while with more info on what killed the rhinos and who the H... are the Ungulates? Some great words too from Maya on a phenomenal woman.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit