How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Good morning to you, DD. If anyone else could see and read my words, I would likewise wish them well and a good day. Do hope and pray all goes well at hospital for the old and wise one. And that D.H. and G.G. and sF et al never lose their voices. Not likely. The courage of conviction and qualities that inspire a passion for right move us timid ones to act accordingly. It is a new day dawning - figuratively speaking too. Away from an existence steeped in artificiality and pretense. I wish to have only one face, quite unlike that old fella Brother Janus. I wish for myself and others to look forward and only that, moving straight ahead with no further vacillation. One of my favorite Christian songs is "Onward Christian Soldiers" - it has just now come to mind, the words and stirring tempo. Isn't it a step forward to call it a Christian song and not have to enclose Christian in quotation marks per WT sanctimonious separation from BTG? How they can defame others, who with sincerity and fullness of heart are committed to Christ?
    Must brew anew du cafe, DD. I take my leave of you. Must check messages and arrange for a new day.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Once again phone messages entreat me to accomodate an "urgent need" that I asked be postponed till the weekend. I understand whence comes the anxiety and need for this and only this day; that one's sense of urgency precludes all good sense and concern for others. What do I know? Who I am to question one who occupies a time and place - a dimension - I can only puzzle over? Must unplug my writing, DD, and check again, and again for a further "hearing" into what chaos lies ahead for this frazzled one.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I have brought order to chaos. While that does not make me the Borg Queen, I do, at the very least, feel in control (for the moment). S. - Chicken Little [thanx and credit to OTWO] - is going bonkers. He is stirring grief, throwing in a generous pinch of tumult, into the lives of all those hapless souls who surround. Fight or flight. I simply said to him on the telephone (more than once, mind you), "NO." He acquiesced after I gave clear-cut and calmly expressed instructions on how to proceed with the "urgent need." We'll see how long this lasts. He's met his quota of calls for the last 24 hours.
    The mountains are indeed tumbling into the sea, but, hey - so what?

GOD is our refuge and our strength; he has proved himself
    greatly a helper in distress. Therefore we do not fear, while
    the land is overturned, and the mountains sink into the
    midst of the sea...The Lord of Hosts is with us...our secure
    fortress. ---Psalm 45:2-4 [DOUAY VERSION]

Off to piano lessons --- and some peace........................

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Back from a great afternoon of music-making that showcased some splendid progress in technique and expression. Step by step the foundation is laid - so very slow at times. If I am hesitant or discouraged by what I am hearing, I surely don't let on. Not all students display easily recognizable signs of talent. Few do. I cannot allow the student to feel his tortured efforts are valueless. I see good in tiny forward steps and share that encouraging news with the student. After weeks of hammering away at persisting trouble areas, something happens. The student isn't aware that the "fun" we're having is actually repetitious drill. Emerging from this seeming nonsense does come musical sense and, amazingly, a simple yet beautiful blending of melody and harmony that I would not have believed possible 7 days earlier. I am in awe. Today we made music.

CoCo

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ahhh Coco....

The sign of a true teacher......hearing music from those struggling to understand 2 notes together!

The energy and patience it must take! Many a pot of chicken soup to keep you focused! Of Course La Luna in full bloom inspires also.....if your are not sleeping!

Get some sleep and wake warm and rested ready for a good cup of Java and a fabulous day!

Best regards dear!

r.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Good morning to you whose pages are an open book. And to Dobie's and Chick's mum. Had a relatively good night's sleep, awakening now and then to the gurgling flow of cats and dogs awash in the gutters and drains. All heavenly lights are curtained away from my view. Several days earlier I was staring in wonder at her, the Magnificent One, who draws men and the seas to do her bidding. Is she a cold and heartless mistress, who uses those in her thrall, then callously discards the casualties of her lunatic charms? She is, undoubtedly, of benefit to the seas, but to a mere mortal falling under her hypnotic spell, is this only one more seduction to flee? The heart is indeed treacherous.
    On my own for several days, having the run of the estate. Like a vacation of sorts. Now that I've found my resting place, here on Walden Pond, I do feel a small sense of security. Ever watchful, however. Taking nothing for granted nor becoming too cavalier. Well, not to worry, as I am a highly responsible and conscientious bloke - gag.
    Must plan the day, DD. Piano, but not till late p.m. Read? Walkabout? New potta soup? Absolutely!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

A gentle and kindly rain continues to fall. It's to last through the weekend. Snow at last in the high Sierra. I'd imagine that means the resorts can leave off the manufacturing of snow. No such problema in upstate NY. Snowbanks at 12 feet already and more on the way. What does this all purport to be? Signs of the times? Woe betiding the Earth and all her inhabitants? Amazing days ahead - depending on whom you listen to.
    So what's this about the Chieftain Class, DD? Taking over soon, and into the NWO? I really don't like the sound of this. Sold out to the highest bidder? Do you, GB, truly love the sheep, and would you surrender your souls on their behalf? Who, really, are the "anointed"? Aren't they all only "professed"? If you truly are Christ's brothers, where's your proof? I accept your authority over my life and death - figurative and literal - yet no questions asked upon pain of ...? Havoc and misery wrought over a dream - a very bad dream. A strong dose of reality is the only antidote I know of.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Back from a necessary but lackluster promenade. A slight drizzle surrounded my old-man persona. Feel worn out today. S's hi-jinx taking their toll. Other than that, my mood and outlook are fine. Dad said, "Don't ever get old, CoCo." Grandmother said to Dad, "Don't ever get old, Son" - will I pass on this same loving advice to my...?
    Soup's on; boiled those costly beef, soup bones for hours the other day, cooled it, then skimmed off the layer of fat. Back on the range. Threw in lentils, brown rice, pre-cooked GB, then will put in white onions, chopped garlic, bok choy, Napa cabbage, at the very end, after removed from burner, so's not to destroy the enzymes. Blanch the onions to remove the "fire." I hate soggy vegetables.
    May return b4 I away to Music Land - "Off I go to Music Land, training ear and eye and hand." Kiddies love it. We're in this together, climbing that long and spiraling staircase to the Castle in the Sky. Vive la belle musique!
    If not, DD, after my return........................

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Off to Music Land! Cheerio!

C...

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi CoCo,

You have very good taste in music and the arts in general.

Are there any live theater performances that rank as you top picks? Live musicals are my favorite.

YC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit