How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

"Summer," from "The Four Seasons"---Antonio Vivaldi, playing now. Went out to see the beautiful full---or nearly full---moon. So cold and clear. The famous "Warsaw Concerto," by Richard Addinsell, was featured in a 1941 WWII film called DANGEROUS MOONLIGHT (SUICIDE SQUADRON). It features Polish pianist Anton Walbrook as an RAF pilot, as well as wonderful aerial sequences. Niccolo Pagannini "Guitar Sonata # 37" has just finished. He wrote more for the guitar than for the violin.
    Though no one, other than "new family," you and I know it, the son was asked to say the blessing over dinner. He thanked God for all the good things He gives us daily. He concluded his prayer by asking God to get me home safe. How touching that was. Many kids barely'd give you the time of day, much less ask God to watch out for you.
    Frederick Keel's "Piano Concerto in B Flat Major" on now. Circa 1860s. His music is highly-regarded but little known. Much made over his modesty and resultant lack of recognition. A connection? I am so grateful to be at this point in my life. The 15 minutes of fame is over, and it's good to be sinking into anonymity. What I do, or do not do, may not matter. I still plan on "doing," however. Perhaps, at some future time, the little strokes will have fallen the mighty oak.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Incredibly cold and hungry. Awakened by the one, or the other, or both. I shall posthaste remedy this tragic state of affairs. Only you and I---at this ungodly hour---know of what peril I speak.........

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I awoke warm and well-fed this time, at about 9:10. It is so nice having that little switch on the wall. And a "midnight" snack. Well, coffee pot light went off so will pour myself acuppa. Woke up after a dream of buying the warm clothes I already own and a carton of CAMELS for a friend. She threw them in the basket. I paid. Boy, have I ever changed. I never smoked Camels. Smoked salmon is tasty.
    Lots on the not-bored board to read today. News, fluff, personal crises. Looks like I'll be busy today. Only one music lesson. Beautiful sunshine out again today.
    Must stay focused. Preaching a release to the captives---do they know, or care, that they have been imprisoned? I was for 40 years and really didn't realize it. Yes---something is definitely wrong---but God's Organization could not possibly be at fault. Don't dare even suggest it. Whips and chains, figuratively speaking, at any rate. The mind never turns itself off; must simply redirect it into positive and constructive channels. So much to do---focus, determination, resolve. No more staring-at-the-walls-kinda stupor alternating with woe-is-me hand-wringing. The time wasted cannot be retrieved. Simply waste no more time.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Waiting for chicken and noodles to cool down a bit. No point in scorching the palate. Catching up on the theocratic news. Comments on fulfillment of Matthew 24:14. Yeah! Jehovah would not send his people into harm's way. Ever stirring up trouble, to keep JWs and their divine mission at the forefront. I don't think so. A theatrical spectacle to men and angels? That, for me, had been a motivating force. I remember times dressing up and walking the streets, book bag in tow, to appear the Witness. But intending to talk to no one, unless Jah directed it. Was often in no mood to talk to ANYONE. But felt the need to be out there and have people see and exclaim, "Indeed, there has been a prophet among us!" Of course! But he's mute! Those days, mercifully, are gone.
    Luncheon is served!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Well, I guess I'll be thinking of Bros. Franz and Dunlap as I hit the labor market again. They went back to work at older age and didn't succumb. Have arranged to do house cleaning for a neighbor, a former client. They are very grateful to have me back. At least I can go at my own pace. Art isn't selling and lessons pay only the rent. I don't doubt for a moment everything will be all right. I have friends that have lost heavily in the market and are scared. I have seen God's hand---or what I perceive to be his "hand"---in so many matters that I cannot be dissuaded otherwise. Yardwork for landlord helps out too. I wish I had the strength of my youth. Maybe not. Being here with you, DD, is important. Someday the record of my thoughts may mean something.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm desperate. But I searched the freezer and came up with only a package of hot dogs and a saving of fowl giblets from the last pullet or two. Another big pot of chicken soup on the way. Lots of broth on hand. Chopped onions and garlic to help with this chest-thingy-catarrh. Pullet Surprise is no longer a surprise. A literary feat or fowl feet?
    Bad freeze in the southern hinterlands---so happy to hear that the tropical foliage shall re-emerge from the rootstock, come Primavera's most-welcomed return. Please, Dear Friends, stay warm and safe through your trials. And tons of clean-up. Dear Diary, can they hear me?

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Good news on so many fronts! Learned of family---third cousins---in the Mardi Gras state. Just read an email as to the family connection. The marriage of 1st cousins in the late 1800s. They were born, experienced the joys and trials of all men and women, and died. One hour ago I learned their names and that one recently died, at some 100 years of age. I must learn more.
    Got another email about the composer Ennio Morricone, who has written over 400 music scores. Cannot recall if in total or only for the movies. "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly," "The Mission," etc. Mr. M. stated how he used 3 timbres in the above-mentioned spaghetti western. The silver flute is the good sound, the ocarina the bad, and the two men singing together, off-key, represents the ugly. As James Hetfield from Mettalica put it, the music is raw and unpolished. It's blatant. I surely agree, DD--- that's what makes it work, all these unexpected collaborations of sound. Discordant, compelling. I can hear that unforgettable tune rattling in my head now. That out-of-kilter rhythmic pulse gets to me---every time. Gotta rent the movie.
    Will get back to you later, DD. Keep open to that new page for me.......

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I was so glad to hear our friend B.P. is enjoying his music lessons. It's never too late. Adult students are, by their own choice, taking the lessons. They are dedicated---definitely, and driven? Yes! Often. "I should have started when I was a kid but couldn't." [a number of reasons (excuses) are rattled off] No matter; now is what counts.
    "New family" Dad and I were discussing our enjoyment of "Phantom of the Opera" at the Curran Theater, in San Francisco, but on different occasions. This is a pathetic story of two grown men moved to tears at the sheer beauty of it all. Comparing "notes" years later. Was watching "Yanni at the Acropolis" about an hour ago. Delighted and overwhelmed senses, particularly at Karen Briggs' jaw-dropping [mine and the audience's collective] technique and passion on the violin. Evening ended with 2 lovely-voiced chanteuses---"Mona Lisa"---singing---I think this is the title: "The Flower Song" from "Lakme," by Delibes. The gift of music! Encore! Brava! Stamping of feet!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I am chilled to the bone---absolutely. I don't even care. I awoke for the usual reason and looked out the window. She beckoned; I hearkened. La Luna was as remarkable as any exquisite beauty could possibly be. Full and round, gleaming supernally, for all she was worth. I wanted to touch her but felt overwhelmed by the giant sentinels who, likewise, were reaching for her---barren arms stretching longingly upward. Yet for all their height---ridiculously superior to my own---those immense trees could no more touch her silvery face than I. Wouldn't it be perfectly dazzling if there were snow upon the trees and ground? I would even dare walk the road at 2:00 a.m., wild animals scurrying about furtively. If only to realize more fully the unbelievable beauty of a moonlit night. I am wide awake. I want this dream to last forever.............

C...........................................

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I haven't yet a clue what promise the day holds before any of us. The ecstasy felt a mere 6 hours ago has passed. The splendor of that glorious clair de lune upon the frozen landscape is fixed in my mind. No mere Currier and Ives tableau---better. The grog of a rather late rising---so typical anymore---has left my heart momentarily stilled to any immediate emotional response. No need to panic. More artificial stimulant on tap---Coffee!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit