How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

A sweet friend at work overheard me mention the name of Maya Angelou to another. She exclaimed, "I love Maya Angelou! --- I have something for you to read." She proceeds to the computer and punches in: www.feminist.com/resources/artspeech/insp/maya.htm
    and printed out the following, which she read aloud to all gathered about in the shop:

PHENOMENAL WOMAN
    by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
    I'm not cute or built to suit a model's fashion size
    But when I start to tell them
    They think I'm telling lies
    I say
    It's in the reach of my arms
    The span of my hips
    The stride of my steps
    The curl of my lips.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally
    Phenomenal woman
    That's me.

I walk into a room
    Just as cool as you please
    And to a man
    The fellows stands or
    Fall down on their knees
    Then they swarm around me
    A hive of honey bees.
    I say
    It's the fire in my eyes
    And the flash of my teeth
    The swing of my waist
    And the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally
    Phenomenal woman
    That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
    What they see in me
    They try so much
    But they can't touch
    My inner mystery.
    When I try to show them
    They say they still can't see.
    I say
    It's in the arch of my back
    The sun in my smile
    The ride of my breasts
    The grace of my style.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally
    Phenomenal woman
    That's me.

Now you understand
    Just why my head's not bowed
    I don't shout or jump about
    Or have to talk real loud
    When you see me passing
    It ought to make you proud.
    I say
    It's in the click of my heels
    The bend of my hair
    The palm of my hand
    The need for my care.
    'Cause I'm a woman
    Phenomenally
    Phenomenal woman
    That's me.

That says it all!

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

About the same hour of the night, a few days later, and my eyes are yet again drawn skyward. She continues to dominate the heavens, but she is waning. Oh yes - still radiant - only more subtly so. By no means has she lost her power to captivate - but to control? She does command the seas. Could her power to so persuade be of lesser influence upon mere mortals? Lunacy? For time to come men will seek her out to guide them through the otherwise dark. It is enough perhaps, simply to gaze, mouth agape.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

It looks like another beautiful day ahead of us. Coffee abrewing --- how break the fast this morn? Had a PB sandwich and glass of milk at 3:00, but am starving again as usual.
    Remember my telling you about the mystery of the rhino deaths? It occurred near Philansberg, South Africa. It was on a preserve. Man's best efforts fall short. How could they know that teenage elephants, culled from the wild, would turn into killers? They had no adult folk to teach them proper behaviours! More soon, DD, about the solution and the hoofed ones.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Been busy going over info from R.F., about legal matters in the ORG. Rules and Regs. --- an artificial mode of conduct --- taking seeming prominence over good sense and human compassion. I feel I'm free; I hope I am. A long, drawn-out process of detoxification.
    Re: the solution to the Elephantine Problem: have I already told you? Guess I did. The kids just needed Ma and Pa Pachyderm to whip 'em into shape. The poor rhinos were gored to death. Since the horns were intact, the game officials knew it wasn't poachers.
    Ungulates are the kids with hooves: hemsbok, clipspringers, hyrax --- bouncy little critters. Not sure of the spelling, DD. Can you do spell check for me?

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Before I reforget --- about the elephants, I mentioned Ma and Pa 'Phant. Failed to mention that mature elephants were translocated to the preserve to "teach" the kids that it isn't nice to skewer your little 2-ton playmates. Rhinos really have no natural enemies. That's why they said in the NATURE program that 'translocation is not enough.' How could the experts have known that, in getting the endangered rhinos away from poachers, that they would enter into an entirely new world of danger? Just like in Yellowstone, they got rid of the wolves and that allowed the elk, I believe it was, to overrun and eat the grasslands. I forget the connection, but somewhere in the intrigue, beavers left off building dams, which is damnable. No watering of the grass. My point, DD, and it's lost in here somewhere --- man's efforts to remedy one problem created a host of unexpected dilemmas; law of unforeseen consequences --- is that what it's called? If I ever can sort out all the facts and then put them into the proper order, I could possibly appear informed. Intelligent? Doubtful, IMHO.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

An absolutely delightful 68 degrees out of doors, and the winged volants are chirruping away. Sat for a bit in the sun, reading Nov. '99 ARCH. DIGEST with Claudia Schiffer on the cover. She and mum, Gudrun, did up the fam retreat on Majorca in gran' style.
    Have to get back out, DD, for a bit of pot [clay] culture on the deck/ calendulas, which are winter hardy, died out. Replace with prims, I would imagine. False spring every February; love it whilst it lasts.
    New potta pullet soup is simmering okayly. Emptied freezer, for real, of old broth. Start a new series of diverse fowl/beef broths this week. Mum got soup bones for free back in the '50s. Can't believe the price now.......

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Awoke from usual early eve nap. Looked out the window and noticed neighbor's car dome light on. Still on 20 minutes later SO GOT DRESSED and went over to tell 'em. They were so grateful! Promised me dinner soon. Sweet young couple.
    DD, I'm already on sensory overload. Watched one half hour TV show on PBS called "Collectors." Sony electronic dogs [IBOS, sp?], Pez conventions --- Pezific ---Pineapple head Pez dispenser @ $3 000. Lunch boxes are collectible too. Found that really cool. This is all Central California Valley news --- Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto. A fella has a cute eatery called The Lunch Box and he has hundreds on display. 1954 Hopalong Cassidy was a first of a kind --- ? Maybe a movie star kind, by the Aladdin Co. A Davy Crockett one was done for Disney, but someone goofed and put Kit Carson on the opposing side with the Disney logo "Frontierland" beneath the horse and rider. Copyright infringe or whatevah. Had to destroy all the boxes and company bankrupted. A few got out and are valuable with a "V"! Superman lunchbox [vintage] fetched $11 500. I can't handle all these fulla-fact shows, Dear Diary. Too many details. When can I ever turn the brain off? You want to know more? www.kvie.org/viewfinder [collectors]
    Gotta do some surfin', DD. See ya' around.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Straight-forward, practical prose; nothing profound. The moon is definitely on the wane and is within its occasional halo. That usually means rain, which was mentioned 2 days ago as a possibility sometime this week. NPR news on at 6:00 a.m. OH, good morning, DD! Sorry, forgot social amenities. "Mazzepa" - by Liszt - up and coming. "The Duchess of Gxxxxx[?]", by Jacques Offenbach, finished up. John Zeck said it's something to do about a duchess who "likes" soldiers and that gets her into trouble. Oh gee, whatever could that mean?
    Got the deck cleaned off Sunday late afternoon and enjoyed the warmth. Loved it. Several flower pots are ready for new plants. Must remember to break up the little root systems of plants in pony-packs. Otherwise, the roots remain compacted and grow within the ball [square, actually] and the plant is stunted. Should have known better. Felt bad loosing my calendulas/aka: pot marigolds.
    Must locate recordings of Maria Callas. Remember talking about her as a teenager to music-loving friend. Am fascinated by biograghy - how she got audiences to shout and stamp and scream wildly over her drama and vocal magic. A vicarious experience of a life otherwise unknown by those audiences known for their reserve: the staid and properly-behaved ones could live their masked, dark side through Maria. For the hot-blooded Latins - pandemonium.
    Back later on, DD.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Well, no immediate rain in the forecast after all. In the 60s again today. I'm OK with that. Keeping tabs on the doings of the 4 surviving babes in Canada. What a shame their early and tentative existence has to be shrouded in this needless controversy. FWF and CJW should've kept their noses in the Bible and out of medicine. Will they yet have to pay the price for their bloodguilt? They've done enough damage misinterpreting and misapplying the Scriptures.
    12661 - Dow Jones - mixed; 2473 - NASDAQ, from memory. Must learn the meaning of these figures.
    Return shortly, DD.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

A dreary day so far. May try to get out for a bit. Yesterday was so beautiful and full of promise. Today must be a Monday. A friend asked me to telephone and check in with a mutual "friend" who's negative, enraged at everyone, and expects you to be a dumping ground for all his grievances of many years' duration. Angry if you don't agree or try to change subject. And you must champion his cause or you're a coward. He has the right to free speech, but don't I have the right to NOT listen? Alcohol doesn't help. Silence on my part gets me nasty messages. I try not to let it bother me. It might help if I hated him. I don't hate anyone. Am I the only one in the world with this problem?

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit