How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::I am chilled to the bone---absolutely. I don't even care. I awoke for the usual reason and looked out the window. She beckoned; I hearkened. La Luna was as remarkable as any exquisite beauty could possibly be. Full and round, gleaming supernally, for all she was worth. I wanted to touch her but felt overwhelmed by the giant sentinels who, likewise, were reaching for her---barren arms stretching longingly upward. Yet for all their height---ridiculously superior to my own---those immense trees could no more touch her silvery face than I. Wouldn't it be perfectly dazzling if there were snow upon the trees and ground? I would even dare walk the road at 2:00 a.m., wild animals scurrying about furtively. If only to realize more fully the unbelievable beauty of a moonlit night. I am wide awake. I want this dream to last forever.............

beautiful description, made me feel all nostalgic.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Was so good hearing from friends far and away, yet close at heart. Whether from the land of the big sky, or the province of Ponce de Leon, or the strange mix of Chopin-land and the equatorial climes---it is always good to hear from the dear ones. Quite the contrary of poor, departed Karen Carpenter's melancholic words that certain friends are not unkind, just hard to find. We are all so scattered in every conceivable sense of the word. We wish we could say or do a kindness for all. I likewise feel nostalgic. It is a lift to the spirits to reminisce, recalling beautiful memories of days past. It dulls, to some extent, the painful realities of today. Nevertheless, we do tend to move forward, whether by inertia or sheer necessity. I have been given a reason to move forward. No act of kindness, however small, is without merit. Aesop. A mouse. A lion. Life is indeed good. I will not waste my second chance. Love and peace to all, to those who understand the unspoken....

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Because of trees your pages exist. Listen to this, if you please:

TREES
    Sergeant Joyce Kilmer

I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
    A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
    Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
    But only God can make a tree.

C...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Momentarily I will away to the studio and chaos. The children clamoring over who shall be first at the piano today. Pretending to be vexed, I will tell them all to pipe down, "You'll all get your turn, but in order. Who was 1st last week?" More arguing. Scuffling. On it goes...... I need some noise and confusion. It has been altogether too quiet today.
    Stay tuned, DD. After a bit of said lovable turmoil, I will go marketing for a bit of beef, perhaps, and yet another fat hen to stew and warm the joint as she simmers. A bird in hand is better than....Steamy kitchen windows.
    The sky is incredibly dirty today. A mere 12 hours ago it was heaven.

C...

• minimus
    minimus

2426 times this has been viewed!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

"La Luna.....those immense trees could no more touch her silvery face than I."

CC, your prose is profoundly poetic.

You are a gifted writer.

YC

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Coco,

You must give us more clues to your existance......

Where are you located?....State..., Your age range (general).....,

You give such personal details in your day to day life, yet leave out what we all want to know.

Take care.

r.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Somehow I find the day coming to a joyful and purposeful end. Though our dialogue is just that---words shared between the two of us---I feel my loved ones pick up on our musings---what spans the gamut of the so-called ridiculous to the sublime. My words to you and the silent wisdom you speak to me. What led me out the door at 2:00 a.m. was an enchantment of light and a vision of glory, one that failed to win over Job but surely tugged at me. I am so susceptible. But I recognize the need for boundaries. I am drawn to La Luna by her mesmerizing beauty, but she will never own me. I belong to another.
    Had to market, then got home and found that I left all my meat at the check stand. By the time I returned they had already put it away. The clerk said to just go to the butcher and get more of the same. Only at a country market? There's an element of trust and friendliness that I love here in the Sierra. Having lived and traveled all over the USA in my 60 years, this has to be the best, DD. A friend invited me on a day trip to Tahoe. Think I'm ready for it.
    More about the piano lessons later, Dear Diary. This is so much better than life on the stage............

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Cloudy skies tonight; no visibility whatsoever.............

She has gone. Does she know that in my heart I have betrayed her? When she called me out the night before she was so certain. A wish unique to her---I do admire but from afar. I cannot go the distance. The son of Daedalus cannot help me. The Son of Rome sent him into the sea. I Met a Phormidable one and so have learned my place; it is here and nowhere else. Getting above myself could only bring my downfall.

I am content............

C.............................

• Clam
    Clam

Is Compound Complex afraid of Virginia Wolf?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit