Mom Died -- and I found out from an old friend!

by BrendaCloutier 121 Replies latest jw experiences

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ok. dammit. I'm bawling now. I wish I could write each one of you and tell you how much your hugs mean to me. an I may just do that.

Annie - go ahead and vent. Your post bolstered me greatly, as have all of yours.

I think you should write a really great, scathing letter. Dump all that shit back on them where it belongs. This is not your burden or your "doing" -- it is THEIRS. And once the letter has been sent, wash your hands of the whole thing. You have found the free person within you, so nurture her and embrace the love of the universe.

Thank you Nina. This is what I intend to do, and divorce myself of them. The "sibs" never treated me much as family - my brother is far worse than my sister (both step-sibs - as I was adopted).

I intend to write a very proper, appropriate Christian letter using the New Testiment, maybe just the gospels to reinforce my letter. Lay it all out in front of them, and show them true christian (buddhist, jewish, pagan) loving kindness, forgive them their tresspasses as god forgives us ours. Then just walk away. They'll discover soon enough the truth.

Freedom has a price. Some times for some people it can be a high one. But I am grateful that I have my freedom, and that I spent the last 30 years (mostly - you know how it goes when we want our parents approval -- we do stoopid things) free of JWism. But at a price more precious than diamonds - or however that scripture reads.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

((((Brenda))))) I can't believe I didn't see this until now, I am so sorry to read about your loss and the reprehensible actions of your so-called family. I know how hard your own health has been to deal with and this added stress cannot be good for that either. Please know that my love and best wishes are with you and your family right now.

I too think about the results when our family members who stay staunchly to the JW party line, cross over to the other side and find it not at all to their expectations.

My advice on the letter to family members, it feeds their persecution complexes and makes them feel even more superior. I know its good therapy, write every one of them down exactly as you would speak it to them if you were sending them. And then burn them and as you watch them go up in smoke, ask your higher power to take your anger away with the smoke. The anger you keep in your heart means they still have that much control over you.

I hope you fine peace, friend.

Blessings,

Sherry

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((Brenda)))))))

We are so sorry to hear of your Mother's death Brenda, you are in our thoughts. Be well, be calm but most of all remember who you are and that your Mother loved you as best a Mother can regardless of this damn cult.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Sad, so very sad...best to you and yours in this time of loss...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just terrible. I could feel the anger rising inside me as I read your email exchanges Brenda. I'm sorry for the loss of your Mum and for the loss of your peace right now. I just know this is going to stick in my head and I'll be thinking of you throughout the day.

Lots of love,

Nic'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Have you got worldly family and friends that could write your sibs letters that shame them?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Dear Brenda...I'm at a loss for words at this kind of "loving" treatment. I'm truly sorry for your loss!

Swalker

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Have you got worldly family and friends that could write your sibs letters that shame them?

Wow! Yes, I do! Poztates and worldly friends I call family. (((FHN))) Thank You So Very Very Much for that!!!!

• searcher
    searcher

((((((((((((((Brenda))))))))))))))

How do you feel about sending the story to (their) local newspaper, entitled something like 'This loving Religion'?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Brenda...I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. That's a loss I can identify with, but what was done to you by your relatives is far beyond any normal human understanding. You are one of the kindest people on this board. To see you insulted and considered 'not worthy' like this...sickens me.

Of course, that's the way a cult works...they tell the members what is 'right or wrong', what's moral or immoral and they blindly follow. The really sad thing is...in the 3 years I've been here I've seen this happen to countless other ex-jw's...enough to realize it is an acceptable belief -- among JW's.

There have been several occasions where my good pioneer x-wife failed to inform me when one of my (our) children was in the hospital near death or very sick. This includes 2 suicide attempts, a bad accident and others. I found out months later. When I asked, "Why ?!" The answer was, "Well, I was just so-o busy. My hands were full !"

I have little confidence of being informed either if one of them should die.

And JW's just cannot understand how us 'evil apostates' can be so 'cold'...turning our backs on Mother Watchtower.

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit