Mom Died -- and I found out from an old friend!

by BrendaCloutier 121 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

{ { { Brenda } } }

And thank you for sharing your experience, even in your pain.

• new light
    new light

(((((Brenda)))))

I'm so sorry for your loss and the circumstances surrounding it.

Matt

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I'm so sorry to hear this! My own brother no longer talks to me for the same reasons your family doesn't talk to you. It's so sad, I'm so very sorry!!! REALLY! It's so sad! LOVE! HUGS!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

(((((Brenda)))))

I wish I could hug you in person.

From Mother Val, a prayer: All shall be well. All shall be well. In all manner of things, all shall be well.

Don't know who Mother Val is, but I'm taking this with me tonight.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

I'm so sorry this has happen. A very cold hearted bunch of people. {{{hugs}}}}

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest Brenda,

The greatest sympathy for you in your time of "doubled" grief. I believe it was Maya Angelou who said that you will miss your parents when they are gone, regardless of your relationship with them. Well, variations and qualifications on that one! My father died recently from a bad side effect of medication that, of course, ended up solving the initial problem but killed him.

Regarding the supposed inability of JWs to make a good decision based on the leadings of their "Bible-trained" conscience, they have imposed upon them a myriad of rules and regulations for every imaginable occurrence. Going to a funeral in Christendom will, without fail, stumble the entire community who knows that you are a staunch JW. If you are a JW wife with an unbelieving husband, who wishes you to accompany him to the church, perhaps you could persuade him otherwise as your failure to participate in a forced pagan act of worship would cause him untold humiliation. Couldn't I just prepare a nice meal for the family to show I really am a true Christian, but who will nevertheless not be induced to bow to your God-dishonoring idols? What about Naaman's asking permission to take his Lord into the Temple of Dagon? The prophet told him to go in peace!

I surely like the idea that heaven or the universe, as many say, will settle all accounts. 'The wheels of justice grind slowly, yet exceeding[ly] fine'.

Deepest love and sympathy,

CoCo

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Grace has offered a solution to my step-sister's nastiness:

Today would have been my mom's 89th birthday. I will go out today and purchase a sympathy card and send it to my sister, with todays date on it, postmarked today, and simply write "I'm sorry your lost your mother", and sign it.

As my brain worked thru all this crap, I see where she could ask "What do you mean, she was your mother too". and my response "yes, she was. but you had a different relationship with her and she was a different person for you, than she was allowed to be for me."

If she askes if it is an apology from me, "no, it says exactly what I meant for it to say. I have not offered an apology."

This should suffice for Christian love and communication for the moment. Until I can come up with some other love bombings to do.

Am I coming at this out of resentment? Yes. I am. But I have a point to make about Christian love. I'm above her bullchit. They don't know how to take the high road. Only the high ass.

PS -- It may not even elicit a response, and that's fine too.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I want each and every one of you to know how much your kind words have meant to me. Because of the emotional hangover, I'm in physical pain today - fibromyalgia flareup. But this, too, shall pass.

((((((((( Thank you all )))))))))))

B

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    "I'm sorry you lost your mother",

They say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

If your sister has a heart and any empathy left...I'd say those six words should have the effect of billions ...

Rabbit

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ok, the card front has a simple watercolour picture of a beach and lighthouse.

The front says "Faith, Sorrow, Comfort, Caring"

Inside sez "While your heart is healing ... ... please know I'm praying."

I dated it today, "our" mother's birthday, and wrote "I'm sorry for the loss of your mother." -Brenda. It's going in the post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit