Mom Died -- and I found out from an old friend!

by BrendaCloutier 121 Replies latest jw experiences

• gordon d
    gordon d

(((((((I'm so sorry Brenda)))))))

Job 14:
    This would give me hope through all my years of struggle and I would eagerly await the release of death. You would call and I would answer and you would yearn for me... For then you would guard my steps... My sins would be sealed in a pouch, and you would cover my guilt.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My thoughts are with you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BRENDA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

purps

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If this doesn't come under "necessary business", I don't know what does. I don't understand JW's who fall over themselves to be MORE cruel than their dictates allow. I agree with blondie and others, these fruits speak VOLUMES to outsiders. Word spreads, too. My own stepmom told me of a JW funeral her son attended. Same callousness towards outsiders.

Tears for your mom. You can visit her gravesite later, perhaps, and say your personal goodbyes?

Can someone please post the part of the Flock Book that this comes under? I'm so sorry, Brenda. My sister and her husband made it known to me last year that they would not be contacting me if any of them are dying or dead. They also, through my nephew, let me know not to contact them or have anyone contact them should I be dying or my kids, etc. or should we die. Blues Brother sent me a copy of the part of the Flock Book that covers this. I was in Connecticut, so I don't have it here. I don't know if it is any comfort to you or not, but our priest Mother Val told us that ALL will reconciled in heaven. That does bring some comfort. She knows God doesn't hold these kinds of things against ignorant, misled earthlings. One day we'll all see how full of folly our lives here on earth truly were.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Brenda I am so sorry for your loss I do understand as I found out about my mothers death thru people search more than 2 years after the fact.

I don't think I can ever forgive my brother Mike for what he did

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I don't know if it is any comfort to you or not, but our priest Mother Val told us that ALL will reconciled in heaven.

I believe that too. When my dad died in August, I was actually a bit "tickled" because then he "knew" what "it" is all about and how wrong (IMO) he was. Now my mom "knows". And they are both out of pain and in peace and with the "Universe".

(((( Hammie ))))

and ((((( EVERYONE )))))

Thank you.

feeling really weird right now. can't focus, so I took out the garbage. now I'll go take out the recycling.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sorry Brenda, Please know we hated to read your news. We understand the circumstances. The death is a shame, the circumstances are really a shame.

Best wishes from us both.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Sorry for the way you learned of your mother's death. The Witnesses really have some cruel doctrines. What? Did they think you were going to convert your mother on her death bed?! No, just wanted to stab a knife in you and twist it.

At least she's out of that crazy religion now! She's finally get the rest she deserves from that slave driving religion.

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((Brenda))))

I'm sorry for your loss

• bebu
    bebu

My deep condolences to you, Brenda. I am sure your parents "know" perfectly well what the truth is right now, as you said. I wish your sister could know.

How much time had passed between her death and your being notified? Days? Weeks? (More? )

bebu

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I'm angry for you...that's all I know to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit