Mom Died -- and I found out from an old friend!

by BrendaCloutier 121 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

All will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves. ~ John 13:35

Jehovah's Loving™ people strike again. They make me sick!!!

So sorry they did this to you, Brenda.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Brenda. I am so sorry you are feeling such pain. (((I send love to you)))) You have a PM

• blondie
    blondie

At least you had an old farmily friend that called, not assuming your family would tell you.

My family see is as an opportunity to "witness" to me. I still don't take their phone calls or read what the send me...straight into the shredder (I know there is no money in there).

I wonder if they realize that they paint a hateful picture of JWs to non-JWs. I remember a woman who asked me why a JW family did not come to the funeral of their inactive mother...I had no answer for her...it wasn't in a church, no sermon was given. Every non-JW family member at the funeral got a wonderful "witness" including the neighbors.

Blondie

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I'm so sorry. tsof

• Chia
    Chia

Oh, God. Oh, I'm so sorry. This is horrible...I suspect I will receive the same treatment.

I wish I could hug you.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am at a loss to try and understand how people can be so callous and call it love. Please rest assured that you are important to us here on this forum, and will be thought of often.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I wonder if they realize that they paint a hateful picture of JWs to non-JWs

They are so blinded by the WTS teachings that they simplty do not CARE! They are told they are "upholding Jehovah's standards" when acting like heartless clods, and that satisfies their seared consciences.

They are incapable of acting on the "Golden Rule".....and NEVER stop to think about treating ANY "others" as they would like to BE treated.

Annie

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I could never do something like that to family. It's inhuman. They are taking the shunning way too far.

they couldn't find the highroad if they tried.

I'm so sorry Brenda. Here's a cyber hug for you.... (((( brenda ))))

• daystar
    daystar

OMG! I'm so sorry brenda.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If this doesn't come under "necessary business", I don't know what does. I don't understand JW's who fall over themselves to be MORE cruel than their dictates allow. I agree with blondie and others, these fruits speak VOLUMES to outsiders. Word spreads, too. My own stepmom told me of a JW funeral her son attended. Same callousness towards outsiders.

Tears for your mom. You can visit her gravesite later, perhaps, and say your personal goodbyes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit