Mom Died -- and I found out from an old friend!

by BrendaCloutier 121 Replies latest jw experiences

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((((((Bren)))))))))),

This hurts so much, I know, and I'm terribly saddened reading this thread. Perhaps it's the perspective of those who have come face to fact with their own mortality, but I agree with Ian: You are such a wonderful embodiment of the love that powers the Universe!

Grieve now as you must, but please try to remember that phrase "Righteous Indignation," and write your letters accordingly. And do, please, GLORY in the fact that your parents now know what you've known all these years: that God has no "organization" and that the only thing that matters is love. Forgiveness is difficult and will take time to manifest, but you can achieve it.

I'll be thinking of you.

F---ing Cult!

Smooches,

Brenda

• Emma
    Emma

Brenda, I am sorry for the loss of your mother and the pain it brings. You are dealing with the additional pain of being so hatefully treated by your family. Please find comfort in your close friendships and let your true friends take care of you.

I wish you had kept in touch with
    her better, then you would have no doubt been aware of her health
    problems. Don't be upset with us, it is really your own doing.
    Darlene

Hopefully your sister will have to come to terms with her hate-filled cruelty. These words are nearly what my sister said to me. My mom died this summer. I got a call from my sister because somehow the funeral home knew there was a third sibling and would not cremate her body without my signature. This is what their so-called "god's organization" produces. "By their fruitage you will know them." I am thankful for you that your out. Please take solace in the love from members of this board.

Emma

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

((((Brenda))))

I am so sorry for your loss, and for the pain you will go through over it.

I know it has been this way for so many others who have discovered tragic family news through non-family channels, and I am sure it will be this way for me, too. But that fact does nothing to ease the pain when it happens to you, personally. The senselessness of their arrogance and exclusivity is outrageous at any time, but for it to rear its head at a time when basic human sorrow and grief over loss will be unavoidable, and thus amplify the hurt and grief, is the height of hubris.

On all fronts, I am so sorry for your pain and anger. It is a cost you shouldn't be charged, especially now; it is an unfair taxation.

Hugs,
    Brandon

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((((Brenda)))))))) To lose a parent that you love so much is difficult enough without all the attendant shunning crapola.

My heart goes out to you, Bren

Hugs,

Frannie

• tan
    tan

((Brenda)) I'm so sorry.

• Mary
    Mary

(((((((((((Brenda))))))))))) I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother and am disgusted that your step-siblings didn't have the human decency to let you know. That is beyond cruel and I would tell them so. Even the WT recognizes that something like a death in the family falls under "necessary family business". It sounds like your brother and sisters are trying to be "superfine" Christians by going the extra mile to treat you like garbage. In your rebuttal letter to them, I would not hesitate to compare them with the Pharisees. Their behavior is inexcusable and certainly not Christ-like.

I read all the responses here to you. Aren't us apostates just the most horrible, wicked people around? Unlike the Witnesses who, of course, are showing you love and support at a time like this.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Brenda)))

So sad for you on the loss of your mum and the way you found out. The way you've been treated makes the way my sis' treated me when my mum died pale into insignificance.

Blessings, comfort and peace to you.

• Gill
    Gill

((((((((( Brenda )))))))))

So sorry for the loss of your mother. I'm sure she was thinking of you and missing you all this time, even if she could never tell you.

A mother never stops loving.

The shame in this is with the Watchtower policy, and the kind of people they turn out with their cruel, phariseic rules.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Brenda,

(((HUGS)))

I am so very sorry!!Please know your in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Xnived Shadow
    Xnived Shadow

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope their years here were good. And I hope thats yours will be just as glorious in the coming years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit