Mom Died -- and I found out from an old friend!

by BrendaCloutier 121 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi (((((((((((((Brenda)))))))))))))) & ((((((((((((((((Kevan))))))))))))))),

I got to learn of this thread from Marjorie, whose e-mail awaited me this morning. I don't have to tell you how desperately sorry Claire & I are to learn of your sad news, but we took immense comfort from your saying this:

And they are both out of pain and in peace and with the "Universe".

How true! Yes, they will both now know the folly of following Watchtower - and I have no doubt that if they were able they'd hug you till you were soaked in tears and tell you how sorry they were and to say "carry on" the way you are going, hold fast to Kevan, be happy and show up the organisation for what it is!

Claire and I are most fortunate to have met you and Kevan in person. We know EXACTLY what a kind, loving and considerate person you are - which always shines forth in your posts here. PLEASE, Brenda, bite your tongue as much as you can. You are above the level of victimisation you have been shown by your family. Let your actions demonstrate that it is YOU who has "Christ", "Buddha" "the Tao" "Universe" in your heart. By all means let your family know you are disgusted by their actions - but also let them know you don't blame them but those ultimately responsible: those evil leaders in Brooklyn! Remember Christ's words: "Forgive them for they know not what they do!"

Those words apply now because Watchtower is so good at brainwashing its followers. Your family's actions are disgraceful - but that's what happens when one belongs to a cult. You, me and the majority here are fortunate in that we saw through it all. It has taken many of us years and the pain has been excruciating - often still is. Families torn apart regularly. They need forgivness!

I'm saying all this because we love you. You are a fundamental asset here - a walking example of love and kindness in action.

May you find peace now and the joy of knowing that your friends genuinely care and love you!

All our love, (((((((hugs)))))))) and best wishes,

Ian& Claire

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

so sorry you had to find out this way.

• Roski
    Roski

So sorry for your loss - it's a double-edged sword - the 'loss' and the behaviour of JW's....I know.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

((Brenda)) - my deepest sympathy to you! No one deserves to be the butt of that passive vindictiveness. May you find the fortitude to surgically excise such negative people and their influences from your life. May you find peace.

-V

• Sheri
    Sheri

Brenda,

Just logged on and so sorry to read of your Mom. I lost my Mom this May and just can't image having to find out as you did. My heart goes out to you and just remember as you are free they truly are free now. Again, I am so sorry.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Dear Brenda,

I am very sorry for your loss, and the vindictive behaviour of your family.

Rachel

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hello Bren,

Reading these posts truly strike a chord with me as I know I'm in for the same kinda crap from down the road.

As it's been already posted many times, let me add that I'm sorry you have to go through this heartbreak, and have to deal with brain-dead relatives who follow watchtower protocol. It's truly sad, and stirs up anger. Man they suck!

Dismembered

• Gordy
    Gordy

Dear Brenda

So sorry to hear about your mother. But even more sorry about the way you learnt about it.

Unfortunately its a common thing. I recall a exJW lady finding out her mother had died when she met one of their mothers neighbours out when shopping. The person said they were sorry to about her mothers death. It was the first she had heard about. When she got home she called her JW Elder brother. He told her their mother had died three months ago!! Why hadn't she been told? The JW brothers reply was that as a DA'd person she had "no right" to know as she was no longer part of the family.

Even after being a JW for 30 years and understanding their thinking. I still can't get my head round this kind of thinking. Just what do they hope to acheive? They think its "love" to treat people in such a way. But they do more damage to how people view them and their "God".

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

My beloved disabled Jehovah's Witnesses mother Mary Ann Haszard died in 2002 and I had to wait for the social security database to come up and find out for myself in 2004

CURSE YOU WATCHTOWER JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES CULT BASTARDS AND THE JINN DEMON jEHOVAH THAT YOU FOLLOW.

Danny's jehovah blaspheme # 3 image jehovah's witness Results 1 - 18 of about 8,490 for jehovah's witness[definition]. (0.05 seconds)
    Tip: Save time by hitting the return key instead of clicking on "search"

... What is a Jehovah's Witness???
    298 x 327 pixels - 6k - gif
    www.bible.ca
    ... Jehovah Witness For A Date ...
    576 x 745 pixels - 127k - jpg
    www.jcnot4me.com
    click on here for larger version ...
    1234 x 782 pixels - 94k - jpg
    www.dannyhaszard.com
  • NanaR
    NanaR

Brenda,

I'm so sorry. I lost my mother in April 2005. I was with her when she died, but only because at that point I was being careful to keep my "no longer a Witness" status to myself.

{{{{{Brenda}}}}}

Cyberhugs to you,

Ruth aka NanaR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit