Did you get the new tract?

by kid-A 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I got one the first day of the campaign, was just left in the mailbox. They didn't even knock.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Well I win, because I got three!!! One at the door, one from MiL and one from Mother. They must really love us. So, the end is near huh? That would explain the four page letter I got.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Is it over yet? Has religion ended?

Nope, not yet and it's nearly November. Oops, maybe they missed us. We only had a half dozen 'trick-or-treaters' too and that was before 6:30 pm, before I got home. Maybe our end of the cul-de-sac with just 9 houses isn't worth bothering with. Sadly, JW-eternal life is more to do with where you are born and where you choose to live.

3rd of the lots-of-uneaten-candy-at-our-place -- class

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Post your comment inspirations: The harlot and the beast
    Sydney Morning Herald, Australia - 57 minutes ago
    We're wondering whether sometime last month, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses might have visited the home of Sheik Taj el-Din al-Hilaly, because we've been ... We're wondering whether sometime last month, a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses might have visited the home of Sheik Taj el-Din al-Hilaly, because we've been reading some fascinatingly familiar remarks in a pamphlet headed "The End of False Religion Is Near!'' that was slipped under this column's door recently. You'll recall that the Sheik compared scantily dressed women to pieces of meat left uncovered and at risk of being eaten by cats. Our eye was caught by an illustration on the Jehovah's Witness pamphlet which appears to show a cat eating an uncovered woman. Here's what the pamphlet says: "Picture the scene. A harlot is sitting on the back of a fearsome beast. The beast has seven heads and ten horns (Revelation 17:14) ... False religion straddles the back of this political beast, attempting to influence its decisions and to control its direction ... Soon, though, an amazing event will take place. 'The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.' (Revelation 17:17).'' So Islam is not the only faith to draw on vigorous imagery to expound its message. We welcome your comments Posted by Stay in touch
    November 2, 2006 12:40 AM

LATEST COMMENTS

Post a comment

• Cellist
    Cellist

I can't believe it! One of our local elders' wives was just at our door giving us our very own copy of the new tract. It's the first time a JW has called on us in about 10-12 years. I hope it's not a sign of things to come. LOL

Got to catch up on how some of the JWs we knew are doing, anyway.

Cellist

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Aww, I didn't get one!! And I live in a small town!! I don't whether to be pissed off or happy!! Actually, I do know. WWWoooooHHHHOOOO!!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Nope, I didn't get one. But then, I live way out in the sticks, ooh at least 4.5 miles from the town centre, so you can understand how the local JWs only get out here once every two years.

• Cellist
    Cellist

FE203Girl,
    In this part of the world that would increase your chances of being called on. Gotta love those rural territories and all that driving. LOL

Cellist

• reganashe
    reganashe

I didnt get one........and the dubs are always in my area, they used to come around and talk then they found out not only was i an Ex-JW but i was also a homo and they stopped coming. Booohooo!!! I stoled my girlfriends aunts copy they had shoved it under the door mat it looked like it had been there for awhile when i found it. I guess my mom doesnt love me enough to give me the life saving message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit