Did you get the new tract?

by kid-A 88 Replies latest jw experiences

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

No, I did not. Odd, too, as I live in an urban centre... although, admittedly, I've never been visited by JWs here. More pointedly, I haven't seen any JWs swarming the city as if for a major campaign; yet, Doctors Without Borders publicised their fund-raising campaign some 2 weeks in advance of the single date and their volunteer collector rang my doorbell on the evening of said date (last Sunday) - as expected. Now, that's good organisation!

-V

• gumby
    gumby

Isn't it funny.......the tract is for a worlwide message to alert mankind that religion is going down and that peoples lives depend on knowing so........yet when the campaign is over if you asked 100 people if they recieved the tract......how many would say they did?

Is it fair for Jehovah to punish the unknowing? Does the tract campaign REALLY inform people worldwide?

Gumby

• bubble
    bubble

I haven't had one yet either.

I'm still waiting in eager anticipation.

I love to read a bit of drivel every now and then!

• delilah
    delilah

Well, Mary's auntie gave me a tract, the very first day of their campaign. She told me how they had 3 weeks to get it into the hands of every person in the world, and then after that, they fully expect armageddon to begin. I had to wonder who was going to be brave stupid enough to go to the warzones and hand soldier and insurgent alike, their free personal copy???

I wasn't at all surprised by what the tract had to say....same bullshite, different year.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

NO,Bangor Maine city proper only one sighting on the floor being trampled on in the hallway of my girlfriend's brothers apt bldg.

This was about 10 days ago on lower Ohio street Bangor Maine usa

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Know this~the more things change,the more they stay the same circa early 1970's i was a 13-14 publisher born JW in 1957 and expecations were pre 1975 highest when the first of theses tract campaigns debuted.

It was life & death and sooooo important that i went out in a severe ulcerative colitis flare-up and shit my pants in the car group unable to make it to the toilet in time.

I was praised for going out sick in jehovah's service in this never to be repeated work.

Oh,the memories-Danny Haszard

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Gumby said:

Isn't it funny.......the tract is for a worlwide message to alert mankind that religion is going down and that peoples lives depend on knowing so........yet when the campaign is over if you asked 100 people if they recieved the tract......how many would say they did?

Is it fair for Jehovah to punish the unknowing? Does the tract campaign REALLY inform people worldwide?

Remember, God can make the stones speak for him should no human mouthpiece be available. Ergo, JWD and its myriad posters have become tools of J_ and of his organisation (the WTS), by publicising this tract and its contents to hundreds (maybe even thousands) of persons who would otherwise have not received its message! [Stones = stony, apostate hearts] Rejoice in the Lord's work, posters!

-V (with tongue embedded in cheek)

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Maybe mine will be on the mat when I get home?

CS 101

• Mary
    Mary

Gumpublisher said: the tract is for a worldwide message to alert mankind that religion is going down and that peoples lives depend on knowing so........yet when the campaign is over if you asked 100 people if they recieved the tract......how many would say they did? Is it fair for Jehovah to punish the unknowing? Does the tract campaign REALLY inform people worldwide?

Have no fear hon.......God's not going to destroy anybody over this damn tract. Or any literature churned out by the Borg. The main purpose of the tract is nothing but a desperate attempt to stem the flood of those leaving the Organization by using scare tactics (yet again) telling them "The End Is Near". If anyone's actually converted, that's just a side bonus. I'm surprised they've got the balls to try "the sky is falling" yet again, but perhaps at this point, they figure they've got nothing to lose. Plus, the old GB members probably figure they don't have too much time left here on earth, so screw it----let the younger generation deal with the fallout.

*the more things change, the more they stay the same*

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

My father offered me a copy but I declined: don't worry I will get one - and I have read it on the Internet already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit