Chemical weapons being used ... how about it America?

by Simon 135 Replies latest social current

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Abbadon,

The BBC is pretty good, but in the past five years or so I really find the only way to get an overview is use multiple news sources from multiple countries.

I could not agree more. As I mentioned, every news source has its bias, though I have never noticed a bias for Islam and against Christianity and Judaism with the BBC as has been suggested. It has hosted many programmes in recent years that attempt to show the Islamic point of view of Middle East affairs as well as the opposing view ( which is woefully under reported by the US & Canadian news ), but this strikes me as another reason to laud its reportage, not condemn it.

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Do I have to get a permit from the UN to poison ants? I'm confused...

Well, the Aramaic root meaning of the word 'poison' actually means 'Kentucky Fried Chicken'. Perhaps we should drop laser guided chicken bombs on Syria, Iran, and that strange little coiffured gnome in North Korea.

HS

• oldflame
    oldflame
    American people isn't the same as the American government

Ditto, We the people are getting very fed up with the governments that are in office right now. This is why I have been preaching about not voting any incumbents back into office. We want and need fresh meat. I am so sick and tir3ed of our government right now and that F$%&@#ING Bush is an asshole and a idiot. He is nothing more than a bully and if you who voted him into office can't seem to see it then you are just as much of an idiot as he is.

• z
    z

Biased BBC

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

allso go to

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/

and how about

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/08/corruption-of-media.html

BTW Hilary the lawyer is she not he …Cassie Williams graduated from Oxford University in 2002 where she took a BA in Egyptology

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Z,

Thank you for these links. I will assess them and return.

BTW Hilary the lawyer is she not he …Cassie Williams graduated from Oxford University in 2002 where she took a BA in Egyptology

I was not referring to Ms. Williams, I was referring to the person noted in the second link that you sent me and quoted below.

Trevor Asserson, a leading British litigation lawyer, has undertaken three well-documented studies detailing the BBC's systematic bias against Israel.

As Ms. Williams has only been practicing law for four years at most, I doubt whether her senior partners would encourage her to take on the BBC!

Many thanks - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Z,

I have read your linked websites.

I have read the blog which you linked which rails in technicolor at BBC reportage over a number of issues. The problem is that as far as I could see no actual evidence is presented that proves a bias in BBC reportage towards Islam and away from Judaism and Christianity. I feel that you need to take time to offer your own evidence 'Z' and not just post links, then we can deal with actual verifiable fact and not mere opinion. I am open to persuation, but you will need to present far more that raging Conservatives looking for a fight with the BBC to give credibility to your view that the BBC is biased agianst the Jews and Christians.

For example, I was very amused that so much weight was being placed in the opinions of Jonathan Aitken, a right wing Conservative politician, who was disgraced and convicted of perjury and jailed for eighteen months. The irony is that it was not the BBC but ITN that incovered his shady dealings with the Saudis.

Far more valuable a comment comes imho from Andrew Marr, the BBC's political editor :

"We get from time to time people saying you're biased in favour of the Labour Party. Every time I ask people - show me a case of that bias, explain to me where we got it wrong and why what we said was so unfair - they seem to be unable to do so", Andrew Marr, May 11th 2001.

The second link that you posted is taking issue not with the BBC's reportage but with ITN, one of the BBC's main competitors.

The third link that you posted does not contain any reference to BBC reportage as far as I can see after a careful read. Did you actually read the report? It was aimed, not at the BBC, but at some of the UK newspapers.

Best regards - HS

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Oldflame said,

We the people are getting very fed up with the governments that are in office right now. This is why I have been preaching about not voting any incumbents back into office. We want and need fresh meat. I am so sick and tir3ed of our government right now and that F$%&@#ING Bush is an asshole and a idiot. He is nothing more than a bully and if you who voted him into office can't seem to see it then you are just as much of an idiot as he is.

Easy there, or you will have a heart attack and not get your chance to vote these incumbents out. I am planning on voting against all but 2 incumbents myself and those people are running for local offices... I justify that because the person who is running against them is worse than keeping the current person in.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I wonder if Hezbollah even considered the possibility that Israel would use phosphorus against their civilian shielded rocket positions? I bet somebody got a real ass chewing. Maybe even a letter of reprimand placed in their file. Everyone knows that civilian shields are flammable. What a bunch of idiots.

• Satanus
    Satanus

alt

Teletubbie bush shure looks innocent to me.

S

• sinis
    sinis

Czar, don't let it get to you as its very obvious that Hillary is from Commifornia. You people have no clue what is REALLY going on. If you did it would scare the shit out of you. The very existance of western culture is at stake and unless something is done about it it will cease to exist within another 30-40 years. The teachings at the mosques are one of HATE not love as you might expect as bystander. The inner workings are quite different.You say big deal? Well when the muslims take over you will be lower than dog shit in there eyes, even if you convert. So we either do something about NOW or wait, and it will be to late. Fact of the matter is it is the crusades all over again but this time the muslims are waging the war and want nothing less than complete dominance.

So go ahead and spew your tree hugging crap because unless something is done about the problem, it is only the beginning of the end. Oh, and war does suck but war is war and you use whatever is at your disposal to win. War is not fair and does not have rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit