Chemical weapons being used ... how about it America?

by Simon 135 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And then the middle-eastern agitators of low moral intent would keep out of our subway systems? I truly believe there would be less danger - yes

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, what about the theory that poverty is one of the main seeds of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism? It follows from that theory that this type of thing springs up from young men who have nothing better to do than sit around and harbor thoughts of jealosy for the "decadent west", as taught by the mullahs.

Seems to me that this kind of philsophy, if true - is certainly not going to go away if the west cuts off the main source of economic trade with the middle east.

After all, these factions of Islam and their conflict with the west is way older than oil...

Respectfully, (really - )

James

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    Well, what about the theory that poverty is one of the main seeds of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism?

O.K. you finally sucked me in on this one!!!!!! I don't think it has anything to do with poverty...they just like to blow everything up....look what they are doing in their own countries!!! I truly believe it has to be their religious cult mindset imprinted on them from birth. Now if we can just find a way to change that.....

If the above were true...we've been buying oil from Islamic countries for decades and it's made them.... peace loving law-abiding citizens??????? There are millions of people living in poverty and it doesn't make them terrorists. That being said, I can understand the need to eradicate poverty, but buying oil doesn't have to be the only answer. Maybe they could start companies that manufacture items needed worldwide to help protect the environment.

Swalker (theories = theories....facts = facts)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well, what about the theory that poverty is one of the main seeds of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism?

Well Saudi Arabia is overflowing with oil and should be wealthy - yet many 9/11 hijackers came from there - I dont buy this at all - they are jealous of western success yes - but ---

• james_woods
    james_woods

The so-called "relatives" of the Royal House in Saudi are wealthy. A very few of them. Not the ordinary people.

The agitators in Saudi are in a large part imports from outside the realm who were brought in to serve the priviledged few hand and foot.

Some students of mid-east policy believe that the House of Saudi is a sort of hollow shell and that radical mullahs are teaching the seeds of dissent to all young people every day in their religious schools.

However, SWalker makes a valid point - there are many other societies (non-Islamic) who are in deep poverty that do not have the same murderous intent as these radicals.

Maybe it takes a combination of religious craziness, disadvantaged economic circumstances, and someone prominent to hate to make this all happen.

However, the idea that these people can somehow give up oil exports, and industriously start up factories to make "environmentally friendly" products sounds to me about as likely as feeding your pet Siberian tiger a few leeks during the daily family picnic in the new earth.

I still say this is all way more complicated than any one simple solution can handle.

• done4good
    done4good
    I truly believe it has to be their religious cult mindset imprinted on them from birth. Now if we can just find a way to change that.....

Agreed wholeheartedly. Richard Dawkins put this very well in latest book The God Delusion, that is, (I'm paraphrasing here), that even non-extreme religions leave the "door open" for religious extremeism. When one puts faith in something that cannot be proven, no matter how benign it may appear, he or she is always under the potential risk to believe something so strongly that they can rationalize any type of behavior if they feel it supports their religious beliefs, (this should not be unfamiliar territory to us as ex-jws), I'm beginning to believe much more clearly now that "religious extremeism" is not the problem here at all, but religion is the problem period. Ironically, the only solution to this problem is religious tolerance, go figure...

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit