Chemical weapons being used ... how about it America?

by Simon 135 Replies latest social current

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    honestly, by your past posts it seems to me that you have a deeper hatred for the american people (government) and their allies than you do for the islamo-fascists,

American people isn't the same as the American government. I happen to like the American people quite a bit, but I can't stand the majority of the American government's foreign policies. And on a side point, how much difference is there between an islamo-fascist and a christian-fascist? I don't see much. A fundy is a fundy, no matter what "truth" he's for.

Kwin

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I watched them dance on 9/12.

No mercy. Not ever.

CZAR

• free2beme
    free2beme

You know it is not just America that stands with them, Brittain is a major defender too. Plain and simple, any country that uses chemical weapons is wrong! Israel was put in place to make all the nations who ignored the terrible events of the Nazi party, feel better. I have long since felt, when studying the history of this nation, that we made a big mistake.

• juni
    juni

Good point Simon. What's good for one is good for all.

I think the US favors Israel because it goes back to the whole Judeo/Christian stuff. They were God's promised people.

Juni

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

The US won't denounce Israel for using WP because, the US has used it themselves. WP is used in military operations as both cover for troops (smokescreen) and to flush enemy combatants out of trenches (incendiary). The Geneva Convention ban on WP applies to its apllication as a weapon against civilians only. Should WP be banned completely in all its forms for use on civilians or military under the Geneva Convention? Human Rights groups think so. Currently the use of WP for certain military applications is allowed, so the US and Israel will probably continue to use it until it is permanently banned.

Hezbollah is facing similar criticism from human rights groups.

The US will never denounce Israel politically because it represents the only true ally this country has had or will likely ever have in the Middle East.

• juni
    juni

US has short memory. Agent Orange was used in the Vietnam War. My generation still suffers because of it and some of their kids also.

US has a thing about they only are right. I hope the FBI/CIA isn't tracing my computer. Eeeeeek!

Juni

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Forscher,

It's about the same as dropping Phosphorus bombs on Germany cities in WWII.

I presume that inside that muddled head of yours you have actually found some way of rationalizing this inept comparison. I would be interested in how you quantify this comparison - on the other hand, just send me your Captain America comics, I will probably find the answer there without having to put up with your 'I am the voice of reason' appeal.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Czar,

I watched them dance on 9/12. No mercy. Not ever.

I could not help but compare your reaction here to a business aquaintance to whom I speak to regularly about the outrage that occurred on 9/11.

He lost his only child, his son. He was on the roof of one of the towers with 200 other people awaiting further instructions when the building collapsed. His body was recovered remarkably intact, with a leg severed just below the knee the only substantive injury. I asked him whether he was bitter toward those who had killed his son and so many others, whether he was angry about Islam, the US for not protecting its borders and acting on known intelligence etc. Where did his angst belong? He said, 'Why would I hate all Muslims when many of my friends are Muslims?'

How about yourself Czar, do you hate all Muslims? Do you wish them all burned in phosphorus inferno's? Do you believe that those non-combatants that died in the Lebanon are better of dead? Do you see any hypocrisy in the position that you seem to have adopted, that is, accepting chemical weapons should be used against 'the enemy' but condemned when used against those whose ethics you prefer?

Frankly, I am surprised by your comment.

HS

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    The Geneva Conventions ban the use of white phosphorus as an incendiary weapon against civilian populations and in air attacks against military forces in civilian areas.

Hey Simon, I realize you are quick to spew forth, but it is not a "chemical weapon"; it causes "chemical burns." There is a huge difference.

Even the Geneva Convention has no problems with using WP, only that it is not used amongst the civilian population LIKE THE BRITS DID TO DRESDEN.

Amazingly enough it was that debacle by you folks that set the wheels in motion to open enough eyes to Allied atrocities against civilians in WW2 that brought about some of these Geneva Convention changes.

• TopHat
    TopHat

War is never fair.....If one side always played by the rules....it would never win..... once one side breaks the rules, from then on it's fair game for both sides....such is the reasoning when the leaders are fighting for the life of their own people and country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit