Chemical weapons being used ... how about it America?

by Simon 135 Replies latest social current

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Z,

Once again, for an unbiased opinion of whether the BBC favors Islam above Judaism and Christianity, please write to the following address.

The Jerusalem Letter and Jerusalem Letter/Viewpoints are published by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, 13 Tel-Hai St., Jerusalem, Israel; Tel. 972-2-5619281, Fax. 972-2-5619112,

Please find a non-Jewish website who offers the same opinion and I will read it very carefully. One can find any opinion represented on the internet, good, bad and indifferent, accurate or not, propaganda or not. That is the danger in having others, even fringe lawyers, mould our opinions for us.

Surely you leanred your lesson as a JW?

HS

• z
    z

Hilary

Pls, pls, left coast …..so the Jews can’t voice their opinion? So what are you hiding? Nice wording u use but I’m not emprise you say I should listing to the BBC but if a Jew say something I shouldn’t……. give me a break .

You live here in nice environment (most probably in small town….u ask me where I'm)
    you did not live in this part of this world I DID I was born in Beirut Lebanon I grow up in Israel in 1974 I come here and married my gf (Canadian born) I participated in two WARS 1967 and 1973 war on the Golan Highest 11 of my friends killed in front of me yes I HAVE SEEN WARS and no war is pretty (some friends I know were shot first and their penis cuts and shoved in their mouth this was good works by Syrian and Russian soldiers)
    And by the way how about you send your kids to school and you are not sure if you going to see them after you know buses are not guaranty not to explode with your loved ones. and I know some their body parts were collected in a bags do you KNOW ANY? And this is not crime? In my book it is, BBC think not the call them “freedom Fighter”.

Again Hilary I appreciate your opinion but don’t try to convert me I’m a Jew (I’m better atheist….. wars made me this way) If you read all the link you sure will see this lawyer from the UK.

With respect

Z

• z
  • SWALKER
    SWALKER

I wonder if things might have been different had this scandal been known before: http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1923455,00.html

Israeli police say president should be charged with raping employee

· Katsav is suspected of bugging staff telephones
    · Scandal-hit leader says he is innocent and won't quit

Rory McCarthy in Jerusalem
    Monday October 16, 2006
    The Guardian
    The Israeli president, Moshe Katsav. Photograph: Jim Hollander/EPA
    The Israeli president, Moshe Katsav. Photograph: Jim Hollander/EPA

Police in Israel said last night that the country's president should be charged with raping and sexually assaulting several women who worked for him.

In the most serious allegations faced by an Israeli head of state, Moshe Katsav was also suspected of bugging his staff's telephones and of fraud, police said.

The case, which has dragged on for months, will now pass to the attorney general, who is expected to take several weeks to decide whether or not to bring charges.

"There is prima facie evidence of a number of incidents in which several women who worked under his authority were involved, that the president carried out sex crimes of rape, sexual molestation by force and without consent," the justice ministry and the police said in a joint statement.

He was also suspected of a "violation of a law against eavesdropping", it said. The announcement came after investigations, searches of his office and home, and police interrogations.

Mr Katsav, 60, denies the claims and insists he is the victim of a "public lynching". He has refused to step down, despite lurid accounts in the newspapers.

Reports suggest that the case is based on complaints from five women who worked for Mr Katsav during his time as president and previously when he was a government minister. Five other women have made similar complaints of sexual harassment dating back many years.

The case came to light this year when a female employee, known as A, complained that Mr Katsav had forcibly had sex with her. The attorney general, Menachem Mazuz, will have to decide if there is enough evidence to bring charges. Police said they also have evidence that A may have tried to blackmail Mr Katsav.

Mr Katsav's lawyer, Zion Amir, said last night that there had been a number of previous cases where the attorney general had dismissed police attempts to charge senior government officials.

As president, Mr Katsav is immune from prosecution unless he resigns or is formally impeached by parliament. His term is due to end next year and some speculate that a deal could be reached with the prosecutors that allows him to avoid trial.

A cabinet minister, Yuli Tamir, last night called for him to quit. "The president must resign," Ms Tamir, the education minister, told Israeli television. "If he doesn't do so, I believe a process will be launched to force him to resign."

Mr Katsav, who was born in Iran, is due to appear before parliament today for the opening of the winter session. Several women MPs have threatened to walk out.

A series of scandals have shaken the Israeli government in recent weeks. In August, the justice minister, Haim Ramon, resigned shortly before he was charged with sexually harassing an 18-year-old female soldier. The prime minister, Ehud Olmert, is being investigated over the purchase of an apartment in Jerusalem. Another senior Kadima figure, Tzahi Hanegbi, has been told he will be charged with fraud, bribery and perjury, and Lieutenant General Dan Halutz, the army chief of staff, has been heavily criticised in the press for selling off his stock portfolio as the war with Lebanon was breaking out. All have denied breaking the law.

You can read the rest of the story by going to link posted above.

Swalker

• z
    z

Swalker

This Scandal going in the last 4 month yep the Jews like sex too including the president
    He will not leave the office and all the country had it with him. Hey why all sex scandal should be in the UK and USA at lees Israel is democracy if you committed crime you should be in jail

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Z,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry that you have suffered directly from the Middle East conflict. I have lived in many places in the world, European and non European. I have lived in Rome, Paris, London, some months in New York, many in Seattle etc. etc. and am now living in West Coast Canada. I have travelled throughout the Middle East and am aware of the conflict and views on both sides of the fence. I am not sure what this has to do with anything though.

I have not seen war directly. I was involved in a long and bloody aeroplane hijack and saw innocent people brutally killed in front me by Palestinian terrorists in the 70's, so I have no alleigence to any nation but only to justice and truth, which should surely be our sole motivation in these instances.

Unfortunately none of what you wrote alters the credibility of what you wrote. You need to prove your assertion that the BBC is biased against the Jews and Christianity, as the Jewish websites that you linked challenge. I was well aware that the lawyer in the link you noted was from the UK. His position is not one that is mainstream anywhere, that is why I referred to him as a 'fringe' lawyer.

Please attend to this suggestion and we will talk again :

Please find a non-Jewish website who offers the same opinion and I will read it very carefully. One can find any opinion represented on the internet, good, bad and indifferent, accurate or not, propaganda or not. That is the danger in having others, even fringe lawyers, mould our opinions for us.

I have listed to the BBC news and documentaries for forty years and have yet to hear or see bias against Jews and Christians in the reportage that they bring to their audience. Perhaps you might cite instances for us?

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Swalker,

I agree with 'Z' here. The sexual conduct of a politician does not speak for a nations worth.

HS

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

The BBC is pretty good, but in the past five years or so I really find the only way to get an overview is use multiple news sources from multiple countries.

That is not to say I think the BBC are biased against Israel. For a start, the attitude toward Israel would not differ if Israel was Christian, Islamic or animist.

There IS a sympathy toward the Palestinians. They are a dispossessed people subjected to the sort of land confiscation, relocation and ethnic cleansing that Native Americans could identify with. They are facing a country that despite its small size has one of the top-ten most lethal military forces in the world. They are victims of massive Western double standards. They are used a a pawn in a power-play by their co-religionist neighbours just as much Israel is seen as a important strategic ally (i.e. a pawn with teeth).

But the paramilitaries only make it worst for themselves, and are as savage to Palestinians that they get pissed with as to Israelis. Just as in many Arabic counties, they squeal when their rights are violated by the Israelis but don't make nearly the fuss they should at human rights violation by their co-religionists - but in the socially-politically backward Arabic world this is common (where were all these European-resident Muslims so pained by the deaths of Iraqis when the Iraqis were being killed by a despot??).

But if you waved a magic wand and changed the religions of the the protagonists and nothing else, things would carry on just as before.

Pay too much attention to religion in this and you might not notice the wood is comprised of dis-similar trees.

A far clearer picture of some of the problems of reaching a stable territorial situation is gained by examining water rights in the area; try "water Israel Palestine" (without quotes) as a search string if you want to know more.

I went to school with an Iranian boy who, at 14, had seen service as a military irregular. My home city had regular terrorist attacks for several decades (nothing like Israel though... ). And I can understand why someone seeing such dreadful things should be so firm in their opinions. I can ALSO understand how many Palestinians who have committed no crime yet suffered destruction, death (not their own obviously), and economic malt-down due to Israel being equally firm in their opinion.

At one point I thought a good solution was to ship the Palestinians to Northern Island and the Unionists to Palestine. I've also considered (for obvious reasons facetiously) that making the Palestinians and the Israelis swap their children could be effective. Old Gaddafi's idea of merging the two countries is fun too.

But a multiplicity of nations basically giving Israel a clear deadline to reach an acceptable (to the majority of Palestinians yet retaining future viability of both countries) settlement.

I've also thought about writing a book where some people get so pissed off they nuke (with ample warning) Jerusalem as a cursory lesson to religious nut-jobs the world over. Maybe they get carried away and throw start going down a list comprising Salt Lake City, Brooklyn, Rome, Amritsar and Banares.

The old Dubbies would piss themselves with delight; "See! Religion is being destroyed!!"

But then it isn't about religion, not really.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

MinisterAmos:

it is not a "chemical weapon"; it causes "chemical burns." There is a huge difference.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to the difference. I've never heard of anyone receiving a chemical burn without chemicals being present. In the case of phosphorus, it is a chemical and bombs made using it are designed to burn.

Can you help me out with this one, please, because I'm kinda confused as to what the "huge difference" is, to which you refer.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ross

I've never heard of anyone receiving a chemical burn without chemicals being present

So you're saying that a chemical which is intended to directly cause harm (either deliberately or inevitably) to a living being is a weapon, a chemical weapon?

Golly, who would have thought it?

(note I put in 'directly'; technicaly speaking bullets are CPR's; chemically propelled rounds. Pedant, me?

What sort? a male schoolteacher or one who makes a show of knowledge or one who is unimaginative or one who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge or a formalist or precisionist in teaching?

Do I have to get a permit from the UN to poison ants? I'm confused...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit