MY SON WAS ATTACKED!

by Dansk 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Regarding Mace & Pepper Spray ... over here, in this police state, it is classed apparently as a " fire-arm ". A friend of mine had his house raided when the police learnt that he carried it around with him and took him down the station. He avoided charges, but they seized his equipment.

Personally, I'd rather deal with any trouble with the law afterwards for having something I "shouldn't" than the (worse) consequences of not being prepared in advance.

Walk softly and carry a big stick (a double-barrelled one is especially effective against chav-droppings). Still, the best plan is to remove yourself from the area if possible so he definitely did the right thing IMO. Been 'accosted' twice. Ran once. vs 20+ I think world records would have been in most danger !

Glad you have just a tale to tell and not a tradgedy.

Fortunately the few times there has been trouble round our way (with roudy youths) the neighbours are willing to come out too. Showing a united front quickly convinces them they are on a hiding to nothing (and they will get a hiding if they continue).

IMO the mistake most decent people make is behaving decently. Personal safety and the well-being of loved ones should be the highest priority above any consideration for people instigating trouble followed by "yes officer, that's when I think he must have tripped over and banged his head ... you have a good evening too".

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm so sorry Karl was attacked!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey (((Ian))),20 on one sucks..Karl did the right thing..Being aware of your surroundings is step #1 in self defence.....There is no law against walking with a cane.A nice solid wood one with a hook handle.A very effective weapon,or walking aid..LOL!!..The best cane fighters I know,are Hapkido...OUTLAW

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I am glad that your son is okay. what a terrible thing - I remember being mugged once; violent and traumatic indeed...

CZAR

• delilah
    delilah

I'm so glad your son is ok, Ian. Good thing he could outrun them, or it may have been uglier than it was. Best of wishes to you all.

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, and flogging is too good for the bastards that did this.

• hambeak
    hambeak

My God how awful I am so happy he is ok my prayers are with you all. I hope he will continue to be careful and alert to his surroundings as it is dangerous in all big cities world wide

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm so glad your son is OK. He is a smart young man and showed great wisdom. Congratulations to all of you on the new grandchild/child. What a blessing!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

How awful! Ian I'm so sorry. What cowards they are.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Ian, I'm glad he made it out unscathed.

A personal note, I'm the classic grown-man-with-no-life that feral teenage hoodlums sniff out in an instant as being somebody to bully and harass. I've learned to be very very careful. It's a cruel world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit