MY SON WAS ATTACKED!

by Dansk 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

((((((((( Ian and Claire ))))))))) So sorry to hear about what happened to Karl, but glad that he was able to get away from the gang.

It's very scary these days, isn't it (though I don't think it means that the storm clouds of Armageddon are gathering!!!!! ))))))

It's about time the government got its ass into gear with these feral youths. I think instant taking away of child benefit from the parent it the child gets into any kind of trouble would be a good step and a three counts and you're out scheme for kids out after 11 pm, so that their parents also lost their family allowance.. Kids of that age should never be out at that time of the night, and the fact that they are shows they have totally irresponsible parents, or parent!

I hope Karl and both of you feel better soon. Perhaps a little 'taxi money' might be some help for Karl for now.

Ironhead - Well done on that slap round the head for the chav!! I bet the police who cautioned you wished they could have done the same. In future however, never admit to anything!!!

Take care Ian and Claire and of course Karl!!

Love to you all

Gill

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks, Gill:

I think instant taking away of child benefit from the parent it the child gets into any kind of trouble would be a good step and a three counts and you're out scheme for kids out after 11 pm, so that their parents also lost their family allowance..

That's not a bad idea. Some people only respond when their pocket gets hit!

Could you imagine if the outcome had been for the worse? He's going to be a father!

It's not only Claire and I who are affected; it's his younger brother (who had to fight back tears) and older sister, his girlfriend and her parents; his friends. The ramifications are widespread.

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

BabaYaga:

I think that's more the reason that it is happening in the first place. If they had parents who gave a damn and knew where they were... what would the chances be that it would be happening at all.

Yes, you're right. I think it's a case of out of sight, out of mind!

Ian

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Ian ---

I just read your email with the link to this thread.

I am horrified! Karl could have been killed or maimed! Thank God he escaped the pack of thugs. It makes me ill to think of this group wandering the streets. What did the police have to say?!

I skimmed the rest of the thread pretty quickly, so maybe I missed it, but have you spoken with the school authorities? Even though Karl is living off-campus, I think they should be notified.

Please give Claire a big hug from me!

As you say, this affects the entire family and his girlfriend and her family, as well.

HUGS!!!!
    Marjorie & Jim

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Marjorie & Jim ((((((((((((())))))))))))),

What did the police have to say?!

We're still waiting (or at least Karl is) to hear about what the CCTV cameras picked up. Also, there's supposedly a witness to what happened and he's given the name of one of the attackers to the police - but we haven't heard anything yet.

I don't think Karl will get the schools involved. I see your point, but he's not the type to make a fuss - though he is out for justice!

It's difficult for Claire and I and the rest of the family as we're so far away. At least he's in regular contact with us and his 'phone is working now.

Love,

Ian& Claire

• avishai
    avishai

I've been jumped more than once. Stabbed once, beaten unconcious another time. It REALLY sucks. In retrospect i wish I would have gotten counseling afterwards. You might want to suggest to your son.

(((((Ian, Claire, and family.)))))

• Beardo
    Beardo

Regarding Mace & Pepper Spray ... over here, in this police state, it is classed apparently as a " fire-arm ". A friend of mine had his house raided when the police learnt that he carried it around with him and took him down the station. He avoided charges, but they seized his equipment.

It is very effective against small groups of people. He had a NATO issued device and that thing could easily control several people with one sustained blast. There can be "blow back" - but if you use it carefully, it is effective as a control device and very painful for the recipient(s). When he travelled across Romania he was hassled in the street for money and used it on two adult males. Apparently they hit the deck like a sackful of spuds.

But like anything, if we arm ourselves, they arm themselves, and God only knows how horrible it would be to be caught up in a pepper spray fight !

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Ian hope things work out for the best and the punks get caught. Kids in a pack like that are always brave....they will piss their pants when the time comes. Hopefully Karl will be over this soon. You're absolutely right about the value of possesions when compared to a loving child.

bzsfst

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

That's just awful, Ian. I'm so sorry, but I'm glad he's more or less OK. Please keep his mental/emotional well-being in check; this would be terrifying to experience!!!

It's so nice that he has such a loving father and mother to support him.

Good Girl or Bad Girl

• juni
    juni

Good evening Ian and Claire,

I'm so sorry to hear of Karl's attack. It seems kids that age (not all) are the most difficult. He did the right thing by leaving his bag and running. You never know what weapons they may have.

Best to Karl and you and Claire.

Love,

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit