MY SON WAS ATTACKED!

by Dansk 95 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

How HORRIBLE!

I’m so glad to here he is ok, aside from the obvious. It could have been so much worse. My sons are both in there 20’s now and I still worry about them. It’s impossible not to no matter how old they are, they’re still our kids.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I'm sorry to hear about your son Ian. I'm getting sick to death with these scum bags, terrorising our streets. I see them gangs hanging around street corners when I go to work at 5am. One of these days the public are going to take the law into their own hands, and give these chavs a taste of own medicine if the law continues to let them off, and just give them an ASBO. I got arrested and cautioned 5 years ago for slapping one across the head after seeing him throw a brick at an old lady's house.

An angry IRONHEAD!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Ian: So sorry to hear what happened to you son! Thank goodness he is okay; no matter what he lost in the process of the attack nothing can replace his life. Too bad the apostacurry wasn't the weekend I was in London. I will have to go back sometime and meet some of you guys in the UK; I didn't get to meet any 'postates while in europe :( but I did have a great time :) LRG

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

((((Ian&Claire)))...On foot,you must chose your time of day to travel carefully..Whether in the city or the wilderness..Animals are everywhere..I have survived in many places,sometimes in some nasty situations..I`m happy Karl is fine..This is a practical and important lesson in self defence..Tell him to remember it...OUTLAW

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ian I'm sorry to hear of this, but I am very relieved to know Karl is okay. Let's not think of how bad it could have been just rejoice in the happiness of his well being.

Hugs to you and Claire!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Ian and Claire,

Big hugs, thoughts and prayers going out to you both and to Karl. I hope they catch the waste of human life that did this to Karl. I am glad that he is safe.

You both must have been so frightened when the phone rang. I immediately get frightened when the phone rings at an odd hour, because its never good.

Is it legal to carry mace or pepper spray there so Karl can defend himself if he is ever in this situation again? I carry it with me and I have a baseball bat in my car and I don't play ball. I suppose you all would have to have a Cricket Stick (bat, mallot, what do you call it?) instead of a baseball bat....

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Hi. You don't know me, but I want to tell you I'm so glad to hear your son is okay. I hope the police catch the a-holes who did this - the video in the car park will, I hope, help.

Outlaw is right. It's an unfortunate fact of life these days that you can no longer assume that you are safe ANYWHERE. Over the past year and a half or so there have been several attacks in my city - Milwaukee, Wisconsin - by vicious packs of teens and olders who have severely injured and even killed innocent people - not gang-banger stuff (where they're killing each other), but killing innocent people standing waiting for the bus or walking home from work or going to the grocery store. It's sickening, and terrifying. Everyone is "up in arms" but no one knows what to do to solve the problem. Well, if it were up to me, I'd do a Rambo and go in with machine guns and just wipe them all out. But that's not politically correct. And that's really a stupid solution too, but that's just the measure of my ANGER and FRUSTRATION over this kind of thing, that is happening more and more.

Silly me, here I was thinking this is just an American thing (culture of violence, etc. and all that stuff I constantly hear the neo-cons spouting on television, those silly talking heads on Sunday morning television). But I see from your son's attack and what others have reported here, its not. Somehow, that's not particularly gratifying knowledge to have. How can this small minority terrorize the majority? Why do we let them?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Is it legal to carry mace or pepper spray there so Karl can defend himself if he is ever in this situation again?

I really don't know the answer to that. Perhaps my fellow Brits do? I don't think Karl is the type to carry such, anyway, but even if he did and used it in self-defence you can bet your life he'd be accused of assault or attempting to injure someone. It appears to me, and a great many others, that criminals have more rights than the law abiding!

I am old fashioned? What on earth are 15-16 year olds doing out on the street at 1.30 a.m? My other son is 16 and there's no way he would be allowed out at that time. Not because I'm a misery, but for his own safety!

Ian

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think Pepper spray is illegal here. Anyhow, if the wind is blowing the wrong way it can put you at risk of your own weapon. Against a mob of teenagers it's next to useless.

Better with Karl's defense - a good pair of trainers/sneakers!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

As you can imagine, this whole matter is worrying - and Claire has been upset all day!

Anyone got any cyber flowers?

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit