Circuit Overseers

by Outaservice 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• freetosee
    freetosee

When the English-speaking field got started in Germany in the late 60ties one of our first traveling servant was Ramon Templeton, he was both CO and DO. Before this time he was the Branch coordinator and continued in this function after his traveling work.

The story was -told by a Bethelite elder- Templeton did not get on well with President Knorr. At a visit of Knorr to the German branch when conducting the morning worship, the president called on Templeton’s wife to comment, which she refused to do in front of the assembled Bethel Family. So the president then turned to her husband for a comment to which Templeton replied something like "I will support my wife!" and refused to comment as well. This resulted in the punishment of demoting Templeton to the district work. The elder said, "He was sent back to the field"! (Reminds me of downsizing)

I think it is ok to mention his name since it appeared in every Germany printed WT as ‘responsible editor’. My later encounters with him were positive, I don’t know what it was like to work with him.

fts

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Nope I didnt know gay Gaydon, Gay gordon or straight Gaylord.

A secret source has revealed to me that Willie wasnt ginger, it was his wife Anne who had that fabulous red hair flowing down her back. They really were a nice couple. We should invite them to our apostocurryfest, as special guest stars.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That wouldn't be a bad idea Katie, Trev says he thinks William is from the Lancashire area. He could say the prayer before the meal.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

dumbass JW's use to treat those brother fuckers like they were rockstars!

• moshe
    moshe

Am I the only one who does not remember the name of any CO or DO? I was a JW for about 16 years and Elder and MS- but I honestly don't remember the names of any of those guys- guess I have totally moved on. Apparently, none of them made any impression on me.

• minimus
    minimus

I think the point of this thread is to say that Circuit Overseers liked $$$$.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

It was pretty galling how they got treated like kingdumb royalty - only the person with the biggest bestest house got approved to put them up, they got a f00king sunday roast for breakfast dinner and tea (like they were gonna recommend you to god by what you had cooked them) and they got an easy ride going to see everybodys bible studies and route calls.

I dont think they were all in it for the money. There were some pretty genuine ones too.

• Sasha
    Sasha

They were not paid.

• blondie
    blondie

I have known a few COs over the last 50 years. I can say they were not and are not monolithic.

What I have noticed in the last 10 years is that they are more controlled by the WTS. They go for "training" (reindoctrination) several weeks a year to Bethel headquarters. It is clear that they have an agenda to fulfill and report back to Bethel as well. The elders only "kiss their rings" when they want something from the COs. Otherwise, the elders are quite passive aggressive regarding the CO requests, saying "yes" and then when out of sight "out of mind." Older COs who are new to the routine look tired and surprised by what goes on behind the scenes (just like new elders are "surprised" by the backbiting and competition on the elder body). Younger, new COs are trying to make a name for themselves by proving to the BOEs that they not the elders are in control. I have seen 5 COs leave the "work" to take care of older parents, looking relieved to be doing so, tired of the pushing from the BOEs and the DOs/WTS.

Less and less love and more and more toeing the company line.

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    They were not paid.

Really sasha? Who told you that?

What do you think they live on then, fresh air? Of course they get paid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit