Circuit Overseers

by Outaservice 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

DAVID ALGAR!!!!!!!

The best speaker i have ever heard in my life.........

Michael Purbrick used to freak me out......weird guy

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

thats cos you never heard me

• anglise
    anglise

Maurice Reeder - old school - harmless

Maurice Simpson - nice and harmless

Clive Upton - Too self important - no sugar on anything - local elders dreaded his visits

Roddy Holyoake - Very polished - why did she get married in a black gown????

Alex Docherty - Practical

Cant remember any more names

Anglise

• sspo
    sspo

Anyone remember Blalock, he is retired and living in Georgia, US.

Great speaker but always a chip on his shoulder, could not stand kids, never talked to his wife,he stayed in brother's home and moved around like he owned the house.

Everytime he would visit our cong. he wanted to work in the black section of our territory ( he was white), being a southern boy maybe he coped with an inferiority complex and did not want to work in white rich territory.

Most of the other CO and wives were OK

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Maurice Simpson - nice and harmless

Clive Upton - Too self important - no sugar on anything - local elders dreaded his visits

Roddy Holyoake - Very polished - why did she get married in a black gown????

MS...always called me brother jill instead of gill

CU...talk about pedantic...nearby cong wouldnt accommadate..put him up in a hotel..

RH..to be different..had photos taken in ruined castle...twas cool

• fokyc
    fokyc

We've got Donald Holley this week!

• westvic
    westvic

Those car groups with the CO were hilariously ridiculous. Some bro who hadn't made a meeting or service in mos. would chime from the back of a van with 8 people and declare -" 'Bro. C.O.'-------I feel that that last door I was at could have been better had I used p. 19 of the reasoning book"----and on an on ----all the other dingalings would chime in with 'encouraging thoughts as well". This would go on for the whole trip in service---and since I was a M.S.--I was later counseled for not wearing a jacket (100 degree weather)--and was scolded for taking off my tie to eat at break. I thought I would be pelted with stones when we took our break and were eating pizza-----No one would loosen up---I looked at the C.O. and said---"Ya Know Bro. C.O.?----------nothing is better than a good pizza and good beer"-------------the STARES and SILENCE were classic---------I didn't feel out of place at all---------The C.O. looks at me with a smile and replied---"I know exactly what you mean" ---He was a cool C.O. ---- of course I was soon removed but------There Ya Have It.

:) :)

• nelly136
    nelly136

Alex Docherty - Practical

he was nice, i heard he left or was dfd but that was a long time ago so i'm not sure how accurate that is

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Richard Cullen- Jasper Carrot lookalike

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can recall three, the first was a fairly humble and self effacing person the second was yelling too much from the platform he was too much of a WTS man and had a power/superiority complex, the third was reasonably decent and well educated but his wife was a touch arrogant and occasionally offended people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit