IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME WOULD YOU MARRY YOUR SPOUSE?

by Dansk 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've been thinking a lot about this lately and I would unhesitatingly say 'YES!'

We've had our ups and downs - almost always my fault - and I'm truly sorry for the hurt I've caused. I came from an abused background, grew up having low esteem and took much baggage with me into my marriage. Claire, on the other hand, comes from an immensely stable background. This, I believe, did wonders to keep us together.

My God, how our upbringing can affect us! Thankfully, I've mellowed (how the hell did Claire put up with me?).

Anyway, I've been thinking over my life, from meeting Claire to the present. I have to say, Claire's been the best thing that ever happened to me, helping me eradicate a past I wouldn't wish on anyone. Between Claire and I, I definitely got the best deal!

So, would you marry your spouse if you could start all over again?

Ian

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Ian:

If he was as handsome and sexy as you and did sweet romantic things like telling the whole world on the internet how much he loved his wife and how he would marry her all over again, then yes, I would marry him again. Alas, he hasn't done any of those things.

Howver, I might marry him just because I love my son so much and I couldn't wish for a better kid, so I would have him all over again and I kind of need the original sperm donor for that. Whew! Aren't you sorry you asked?

Cog

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Ian what a wonderful thing to say about your wife. And I think along the same lines as you, the hubs and I we`re sort of the ying/yang of one another ourselves! almost 21 years! So to answer your question..... Yes I would marry my man all over again!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What a sweet post.

I would marry my husband again. If I could go back in time, I would not have married the first two husbands though, I'd just skip straight to the current one.

lisa

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Cog:

Ian:

If he was as handsome and sexy as you

Erm, I rather think my photograph must be doing me more justice than I deserve. I really am Mr. Average! - but I can't tell you what your comments did for my ego!!

and did sweet romantic things like telling the whole world on the internet how much he loved his wife and how he would marry her all over again, then yes, I would marry him again. Alas, he hasn't done any of those things.

Actually, after posting I began to wonder if I'd done the right thing and if people would think me a jerk - but this place is so therapeutic I think it's good to shout out how one is feeling at times AND one never knows how many people can be helped! I don't know your man, but perhaps he has emotional issues. Believe me, I wish I could go back and extinguish every wrong word I ever said and every wrong move I ever did. I definitely should have gone for counselling because I was so screwed up - but I hid it well!

Howver, I might marry him just because I love my son so much and I couldn't wish for a better kid, so I would have him all over again and I kind of need the original sperm donor for that.

I can fully understand that. However, Claire and I have both said that we wouldn't have children if we could go back in time - because they are such a worry! We love our children deeply and we're so glad they're here, but we were thinking along the lines of what you never have you never miss. If we went back in time and didn't have any children we would be none the wiser about what we have now.

Whew! Aren't you sorry you asked?

On the contrary. I love the openness in your posts. You speak from the heart! Beachbender:

Ian what a wonderful thing to say about your wife. And I think along the same lines as you, the hubs and I we`re sort of the ying/yang of one another ourselves! almost 21 years! So to answer your question..... Yes I would marry my man all over again!
    I'm delighted for you. You obviously found your soulmate! Thanks for the replies. Ian
  • Dansk
    Dansk

Lisa:

I'd just skip straight to the current one.

Good for you!!

Ian

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, I would. Which is one of the reasons I'm still with him.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I knew my exhusband in high school. I ignored him cause I thought he was a nerd. He was a "band geek.I liked the "bad boys". I should have listened to those gut instincts, and kept ignoring him!

shelley

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

What a sweetie you are! That was a GREAT post Dansk!

I would marry my hubby again in a heartbeat. We've been together for almost 6 years and it just keeps getting better and better. I used to think that "Soul Mate" was a term Hallmark made up to sell more cards on Valentines. Now I have my very own!

(Like Lisa, though, I'd be bypassing a former, not so brilliant marriage decision!)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Our past contributes to who we are. I wouldn't change a thing.

"Regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit