IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME WOULD YOU MARRY YOUR SPOUSE?

by Dansk 65 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

YES!

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

Ian, what a heartwarming post.

However,

helllllllllllllllllllllllll nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm with Lonelysheep on this one. I'm not married to him anymore. If I were, my answer would depend how the marriage had progressed through the years. But, when I was married to him, I used to desperately wish he would die in a car accident on the way home from work so I didn't have to go through the shame of a divorce in the eyes of the congregation. So I am thinking my answer would still be HELL NO, even if I were still stuck with him.
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, I wouldn't. Aside from us both being JWs there was little we had in common. Hell, we didn't even share the same taste in music. I thought that sharing the same beliefs was enough. How stupid of me. Today even the thought of entering another relationship, with anyone, is enough to wrench my guts, and sometimes make me physically ill.

W

• acadian
    acadian

Yes I would, in a heart beat. We've been together 26 yrs have 3 Great kid's and two Grandbabies twin girls. I wouldn't change anything. Peace
    Acadian

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

We're not married yet, but I would definitely go back in time and ask him out on that first date again.

~luv, jojo

• hambeak
    hambeak

My first and only wife, HELLLLLLLLLLLLNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To quote Martin Luther King Jr. Thank God I'm free at last free at last for the last 23 years

My current partner absolutely!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Mrs. Jones:

Yes, I would. Which is one of the reasons I'm still with him.

What are the other reasons? Shelley:

I should have listened to those gut instincts, and kept ignoring him!

Sorry, but your post cracked me up!! Wolfgirl:

'Course I would. Not only has he supported me through the really rough times (including the admission of sexual abuse by my father, when we first got involved), he's helped me grow far beyond my sheltered, repressed upbringing. He's my rock.

Wonderful! Are you coming to the Manchester ApoastaCurry in October? Blondie:

In a second. What I would change is getting him and me involved in the WTS.

Yes, I think we'd all change that one! Juni:

I plead the 5th Amendment.

We don't have it here in the UK! James:

Nope - bitch needed the dumpin process.

'Nuff said! Jayhawk1:

You bet I would. My wife has been the best person I could ever find.

It's great when one's spouse is also one's best friend! Lonelysheep:

Got that! Hope you're relationship now/next relationship works out better! Ross:

You haven't watched enough Scifi movies. Rent "Back to the Future II" and wash your mouth out with soap, young man!!!

No point renting, they keep showing them on Sky! Skeeter1:

YES!

I'll take that in the affirmative, then! Gywneth:

Ian, what a heartwarming post.

Aw, shucks! Thank you!

However,
    I'm with Lonelysheep on this one.

Well, at least you tried! Finally-Free:

No, I wouldn't.............. Today even the thought of entering another relationship, with anyone, is enough to wrench my guts, and sometimes make me physically ill.

Wow, I'm sorry about that! Your alias suits both your exit from the Borg and that from your spouse. Acadian:

Yes I would, in a heart beat.

Sounds like you have a great relationship. Congratulations!! Kittyeatzjdubs:

We're not married yet, but I would definitely go back in time and ask him out on that first date again.

You asked HIM out? Hope it all works out well for you both!! Hambeak:

My first and only wife, HELLLLLLLLLLLLNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To quote Martin Luther King Jr. Thank God I'm free at last free at last for the last 23 years

My current partner absolutely!

Well, sometimes we have to try marriage out first. All the best for your current relationship! Thanks for all the replies. I've thoroughly enjoyed them, good and bad!! Ian

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

I definately would. Over and over and over again. I deleriously in love with my hubby!!!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

To get my 2 kids I have now.... Yes, they are my world.

I may be stepping on toes here, but what the h3ll, I'm telling you what I feel. I didn't think our marriage was all that bad. I would do it over again. I have learn quite a bit from my marriage.

To add though, for the most part, I am happy being single because I'm able to find out who I really am.

• Legolas
    Legolas

That is a BIG 100% YES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit