IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME WOULD YOU MARRY YOUR SPOUSE?

by Dansk 65 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    Our past contributes to who we are. I wouldn't change a thing.

"Regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few to mention..."

What he said...

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

'Course I would. Not only has he supported me through the really rough times (including the admission of sexual abuse by my father, when we first got involved), he's helped me grow far beyond my sheltered, repressed upbringing. He's my rock.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My fiancee and I have talked about this... she was married twice before - me, once before...
    We both agree that we would not change anything - as that would've upset the timeline to get us to where we are now. Things would've been different if I had taken a different direction 26 years ago, and I would not be where I am today.
    Regards,

Jim TX

• blondie
    blondie

In a second. What I would change is getting him and me involved in the WTS.

Blondie

• juni
    juni

I plead the 5th Amendment.

Juni

• james_woods
    james_woods

Nope - bitch needed the dumpin process. Divorce can sometimes be both cheap and expensive at the same time.

Fair and Square,

James

• Dansk
    Dansk
    We both agree that we would not change anything - as that would've upset the timeline to get us to where we are now. Things would've been different if I had taken a different direction 26 years ago, and I would not be where I am today.

Ah, yes, Jim (and LT) but in our imaginary scenario we would be able to change things and you could meet the woman you love now and still be where you are today. I understand where you and LT are coming from, but in my case, for example, I would still want to meet and marry Claire and so my timeline wouldn't have to change - but I'd change where I contracted cancer and I'd change the extremely hurtful baggage I carried around with me all those years.

The point is, changing our past doesn't necessarily mean we would change everything that went to make up our futures now.

Ian

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

You bet I would. My wife has been the best person I could ever find. She has helped me through many of the highs and lows we have had over the last 4.5 years of marriage and the over 5 years we have known each other. When it gets to be our marriage anniversary in March, I will have an essay to post about her an the relationship.

Even if it was to come to an end too soon, I am still happy I have her.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

helllllllllllllllllllllllll nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ian:

The point is, changing our past doesn't necessarily mean we would change everything that went to make up our futures now.

You haven't watched enough Scifi movies. Rent "Back to the Future II" and wash your mouth out with soap, young man!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit