A Bad experience with JW is a permit for SIN?

by El Mariachi 85 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

Welcome, El M.

Forgive our levity but, well, we can't help it sometimes and you are kinda funny. Please don't let it put you off, though. Hang around. Set a spell. Discuss.

*psst* dude, Inquisitor's avatar looks kinda demonic too. Ooooga Booga

IP, you're killing me!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    As far as JWO even though I dont agree with them in things like Blood....I am seeing that they are changing in the good direction..

Really? In what way are they changing for the better, which is what I assume you mean?

Despite all the bad publicity, the court cases, the tv documentaries over the last few years, their policy on child abuse, and I don't mean the one they put in the watchtower but the one they really pursue, hasn't changed at all. Cases still aren't being reported to the authories, except by the victims. Paedophiles are still walking through the kingdom halls, being allowed to offend again and again. Would you call that a step in the right direction? I wouldn't.

They are still lying about their UN membership, still spewing out that crap about it being to get a library card, even though everybody who has inquired about it knows they didn't need one.

They are still practicing shunning, even though they know it leads to fanilies breaking up and even to suicide in some cases.

They claim to be against kids getting baptised, yet they are still pressuring kids of 10 or 11, in some cases even younger, to get baptised and making a commitment to the wts, without really warning them of the consequences if they don't stick to it.

They are still discouraging youngsters from going into higher education, and instead advising them to take up pioneering as a "career" instead.

The wts changing for the better? I don't think so.

• keo15929
    keo15929

Someone asked about how someone can determine what is sin and what is not. Without using the Bible or any other book to determine that for myself I try to just think logically about that. You can make the bold statement that what's right or wrong is just a matter of personal opinion but that type of thinking can become dangerous. What if someone feels it's okay to kill someone if they get mad at them? Some people actually do think this way. Whether or not something is wrong should be determined by whether or not that something puts yourself or someone else at risk of being harmed. Smoking dope does put a person in needless risk of being harmed. It fries brain cells. I would say that it's wrong but then I wouldn't judge another person as being bad just because they do that. As if smoking pot negates all of the good qualities that the particular person might have.

Another thing is the matter of "fornication". That's a tough one there because I have to admit that it is better to wait until marriage for sex but that's almost impossible for most people. I do see the harm that it can cause by exsposing yourself and someone else to the risk of getting a disease or exposing any future children to the risk of having to grow up with his mother and father not being together. Personally, I avoid one night stands or just using someone for sex. But, if I'm in a relationship with someone I can't wait till I'm married to that person to get some. I guess that's just an imperfection that I have. Does that mean I'm evil? I don't think so. Reasonably, there are levels of seriousness of things that are right and wrong. At least in this situation there are two consenting adults.

Everyone.......EVERYONE does things that are wrong or just not beneficial at times but, like I said before, that doesn't mean that they have no good qualities and are just worthless scum deserving of death. If that were the case then the one judging someone else would have to judge himself with the same judgement. He's not perfect is he?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

El Mariachi:

As far as JWO even though I dont agree with them in things like Blood....I am seeing that they are changing in the good direction..

Could I ask you a question ? How ...do you see them "changing" for the "good" ?

My Mom died over the JW Blood issue. She would have lived if she had been able to take the blood fraction hemoglobin. The WT's Governing Body Changed their minds and said hemoglobin was OK, around the time my Mother lay dying in a hospital. Oh, well...too late !

The Watchtower Society KILLED my mother...telling her "No Hemoglobin," then later, "Oh, it's OK now." Ya' know what ? We did not even get a "Sorry about that," letter ! There have been over a hundred changes to the bloody doctrine since it was started in the 1940's. Many other faithful JW's have DIED because of restrictions -- that were later changed !

From 1967 to 198?...many faithful JW's DIED, because, they could not receive an Organ Transplant, remember ? Suddenly, it was "OK...a conscience matter".

Guess what ??? The Watchtower Society's Governing Body NEVER apologized publically or privately to any of the family members for requiring their loved ones to walk needlessly thru deaths door !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, again:

How ...do you see them "changing" for the "good" ?

Does Jehovah sometimes tell them lies ? Or, do they just not listen carefully when Jah is speaking to them ? Or, maybe they (WT) really don't care about us at all, as long as they can get unquestioned, "whole-souled devotion and loyalty" from JW's willing to die for the words they speak ?

Please...answer my questions.

Rabbit

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh...how fun is this???

Maybe we should just all get down on our knees and confess our many sins to El as he seems to have put himself up above all of us low-lifes.

• kid-A
    kid-A

...THIS IS MY LAST ADVISE.. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE OF DARKNESS!!!! THIS SITE IS PROOF THAT SATAN EXISTS AND WORKS!!!!

• kid-A
    kid-A

"...THIS IS MY LAST ADVISE.. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE OF DARKNESS!!!! THIS SITE IS PROOF THAT SATAN EXISTS AND WORKS!!!! "

Whoo-hoooo! I always knew who the corporate sponsors of this site were!!! Having said that, it seems the only darkness I can see is the black chasm between your ears! LOL

• Synergy
    Synergy

I don't smoke and I'm not a whore. I am a Christian and I feel like I have found the truth in it. Jehovah - yes that's not God's name and I don't use it but it doesn't offend me. The only thing wrong with the Bible are the fake one's like the WTBS makes to uphold their doctrine. If you'd like to discuss scripture openly without judgement or damnation feel free to PM me. We can openly share thoughts and I can talk to you about my journey and how I worship now and perhaps something I've been through will help you in your journey.

Renee

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have to laugh a little, I can recall a time when simple things like names would frighten me too, anything that looked like satan or the demons scared the bee-gee-vers out of me.

It is a sad state to be in so totally frightened that a mere name on a discussion board can cause you to clutch a cross (or stake, whatever) and call out God's name.

mastrodon, that was scary

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

El Mariachi, my brother, my friend, don't let the firewall hit your ass on the way out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit