Thank you Jehovah for answered prayers

by Annie Over 194 Replies latest jw friends

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

When I got off for lunch today I decided to go to the Walmart Deli and get something to eat. It is a huge store, groceries, a Bakery, Mc Donalds, a Bank , Eye center, Beauty shop, a great Deli, and a huge garden center. I had taken back a 80 gig hard drive Dvd recorder ( I couldn't figure out how to hook up <smile> and had received 238.00. I picked up a couple of things in the store then went to the Deli. I decided to take my food home and eat it. The store and the parking lot were very busy.

I loaded things into my car and took off! When I parked at the apartment and reached for my purse it wasn't there. I frantically looked in the back seat and floorboard! My Cell phone, 3 credit cards, my drivers license, my check book, and the 238.00 plus a little more money was all in that purse.

I didn't know if I had left it in the store at check out or in the basket outside or what! I started back to Walmart as fast as I could, but of course I got behind the slowest driver in town and also hit every red light. But man was I praying... Please Jehovah ,please Jehovah, please Jehovah, all the way back to walmart I was saying it out loud. when I entered the Walmart Parking lot I could see my basket sitting where I left it. I could see my purse sitting right in the top part. People were driving by, back and forth but nobody saw it. Thanks Again JEHOVAH, you are a great and wonderful God.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hmmm...........

wonder why Jehovah protected your purse?

• Purza
    Purza

Why did Jehovah god protect your purse, but not the thousands or millions of people that have worse things happen to them?

I think you got lucky. JMHO

Purza

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Jehovah saved your purse because he wants you to put the 238 bucks in the contribution box.

After all business is business!

Seriously it's great you found your wallet and none of us can say for sure 100% that Jehovah didn't protect it for you. Who knows!

Pope

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I think it had to do with all the people in WalMart that aren't JW's . . .just goodhearted, right thinking folks who probably wouldn't be caught dead in a JW hall.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome, Annie.

It never ceases to amaze me how tribal deities can come in so handy with killing children with bears, and protecting purses.

j

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I can imagine your relief. Sometimes these things work out, sometimes they don't, but I can identify with the heart-pounding anxiety and no wonder you were relieved. But certainly you know that your prayers had nothing to do with the outcome? All it would have taken was one person to take your bag. Period. You don't seriously think that Jehovah would put His energy and attention to your $238 when innocent people are dying all over the world? Puh-leese! But I am glad you got your purse back, truly.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

"Thanks Again JEHOVAH, you are a great and wonderful God. "

Is he reading this thread?

Do you really think he would watch out for you're material possesion but not for the child screaming in hunger pains while watching his mother being raped by guerilla soldiers? hmm

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am glad you got your purse back, but not so sure about jehovah's part in it.

• Gill
    Gill

I'm glad you got your purse back.....however, why would Jehovah 'protect' YOUR purse and not a poor, starving child in Africa, a child about to be bombed in Lebanon, or a child about to be abused?

Are you saying that your purse is important to God and these people aren't? Does God have nothing better to do?

Just wondering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit