Thank you Jehovah for answered prayers

by Annie Over 194 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers
    I wonder if that family worships Jehovah and calls on him by name?

This sort of thinking really galls me - how utterly stupid. So you are implying that if they don't they deserve what they got, or it's not suprising that this happened. And if they did, what does that say about Jehovah?

I really feel that if humans are important enough to be called by their names, then certainly the great God of the universe should be respected enough to be called by his name and not just God or Lord.

You are making god into an image based on man. This is what the bible and other "revealed" teachings do, they anthropomorphize god.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Please, show us this purse, that we may worship it!

Amen! All HAIL Jehoobies sacred purse!!! LOL

p.s. I heard Teddy Jaracz owns a gucci handbag....

• chiddy
    chiddy

I always pray to Jesus not the angry Hebrew god Yahweh

• Badger
    Badger

Sometimes, the lottery balls of life just fall in your favor.

Cool, though, that you got your loot back.

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

Please, show us this purse, that we may worship it!

Amen! All HAIL Jehoobies sacred purse!!! LOL

You guys sound like you think I am a Jehovahs w. Well I'm not! Its just that when I left the organization I didn't leave hating Jehovah as some of you seem to have done. I don't blame Jehovah for all the human fault and imperfection. Things that happen to people are their own fault and things that happen to children are usually the parents fault. Everything you have thought, said, or done, has caused you to arrive at the place you are today.

And by the way, I left a little billfold type purse in a car one night when I was still going to the hall, and the car was unlocked. I didn't think anyone would be out in the parking lot stealing things, but they did. At that time I was making all the meetings, going in service, studying like crazy, but I didn't even think to pray about that little purse. Its almost like... when you are going to the hall you shouldn't pray about material things. Anyway a few days later a conveince store called and said they found it in their garbage. My money was gone but my drivers license was still in it. I didn't have a credit card at that time. Now that I no longer go to the hall, I pray to Jehovah about everything!! Even things that embarrass me to talk about. Gheesh, I hope I spelled that right, cause even after going thru high school and 2 yrs of college I don't spell well.

I also pray in Jesus name, because he said anything you ask in my name according to his will he will give it to you. Jehovah and Jesus are my friends, and I talk to them all the time. I certainly don't have any so called friends since I left the hall, and I can't seem to make many here either. But thats OK, I'm not complaining

Talking to Jehovah and Jesus is just fine, I trust them, which is more than I can say for most people, especially those at the hall who I THOUGHT were best friends, but who have never even been around and asked why I quit going to the hall

• greendawn
    greendawn

Annie I am glad that you found your purse otherwise it would have meant a lot of aggravation to replace all the things lost.

However most ex JWs don't like using the name jehovah because it smacks too much of the WTS, the obsolete old testament and a judaising influence. The apostles didn't use the name neither do the Jews themselves for a long time.

Christianity is centred around the name of Christ.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Annie very glad you got your purse back what a relief for you, and welcome.

Glad to hear that Jesus was part of your prayer also

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Annie Over,you got guts girl..All those jokes and you still came back to the board..LOL!!..Good for you!..Not everybody could have handled that..Theres lots of angry people here,their just healing their wounds..Then theres the ones who aren`t as angry any more,I don`t fall into that catagory..LOL!!..Welcome to the board Annie Over...OUTLAW

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

annie, 2 things.

1) You are very disrespectful to the people you think are being disrespectful to you. Jehovah jehovah jehovah blah blah Jehovah blah Jehovah. That's disrespectful to the people who have been hurt by the group bearing your god's name. and don't think saying "at least I don't hate jehovah like you do" is a valid argument. you are misrepresenting most people's true positions. I for one do not hate jehovah. I just do not believe in his existence but hate those who by their actions prove they do not believe in Jehovah but are claiming to speak for him in order to lord it over others, ie Jehovah's Witness leaders.

2) The very people who have hurt you also pray using Jehovah's name. think about that one.

It would be a real shame if this annie person was really some poster attempting to make christians seem petty. That's a line even I wouldn't cross. Annie I hope you are for real, but I will hesitate to be baited by you again in the future.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Annie,

I admire your courage, you certainly took some stick over your thread title, but you're still here!

I personally don't hate jehovah or jesus, I don't particularly believe in them anyway. I do hate the wts as an organisation though, but not individual jws. There are a few jws I don't like, but there's no hatred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit