Thank you Jehovah for answered prayers

by Annie Over 194 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

Oh, and I guess I should say, after reading the rest of the responses, that I didn't mean my response as a laugh at Annie's expense... just as a laugh.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Post #4, so people will automatically think it's just someone having some fun with us, but I went back to post #1-3 and it doesn't seem like it.... I don't know.

Welcome Annie. I hope we didn't scare you off if you are being real. If not... well.... I don't know. Whatever.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Before slagging off newbies read their posting history...

Good idea, LT, and done. But I don't think anyone was "slagging off" anyone (is that Scottish for 'criticizing'?), just disagreeing with the proposition of divine purse intervention.

I personally think more people who have lost a wallet or purse don't get them back, prayers or no. It is random..............well...................luck.

One Christmas-tide (gather round, kiddies), we were having very lean times and I was baby-sitting other children in addition to my own two in order to earn extra $. I was paid $300 in cash and, throwing my purse on top of the car, strapped the little ones into their car seats for the mad dash to the bank to deposit it. Alas, when I discovered what I'd done, we madly dashed back home, watching all the way for my purse in the road, praying for a kindness. It was a long kind of rural road, and whoever found it could easily see that the address on my driver's license was very nearby. My purse was returned to me 3 months later - washed up on the beach 35 miles away, gutted of anything of value - except my driver's license. Thanks a lot, Jehoobie!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

As you can all see, she hasnt posted!!

DId ya read her posting history? It's not a lot of work, honestly...

The first thing I did was just that! She seems very nice and honest, and is trying to leave the borg. Only 4 posts people and she got ripped a new A-hole! One of the reasons some of us left was the lack of love!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    she got ripped a new A-hole!

Hardly! What a monumental over-statement!

Lemme tell ya - when this group means to rip, we RIP! And this was not the case.

Annie: Welcome! As a long-time lurker, I'm sure you are taking these comments in the right spirit and will stick around.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't look at Butt's post as a "Monumental over-statement!"

Considering she had some compassion for such a lurker, who maybe overwhelmed with the reaction to her thread.

Lemme tell ya - Kindness was given on her part, you just mocked it sarcastically. Pathetic, if you ask me.(which you didn't....lol) That's my opinion on that matter

Welcome Annie!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hmmmmmm.........Butt.......A-hole.........I see the connection now..........it's a derriere thing................

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Hmmmmmm.........Butt.......A-hole.........I see the connection now..........it's a derriere thing................

Is it?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

So, annie isnt here, so now you resort to me? Cause I think people should be nicer to a newbie? Grow up!

• Stealth
    Stealth

Jehovah answered my prayers on two occasions.

Many years back, I got really drunk and hooked up with a whore. I prayed to Jehovah for weeks that I would not get AIDS or some other STD from my lapse of good judgement. Praise Jah, the test came back negative.

On another occasion, we were at a major leage baseball game, I prayed that my son would catch a fly ball while we were there. Not more than 5 minutes later, a foul ball came screeming over the fence straight at us. Guess who came up with the ball? Yep, Praise Jehovah once again!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit