Thank you Jehovah for answered prayers

by Annie Over 194 Replies latest jw friends

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

why are people still preaching at annie? she wanted to share some relief with us not preach about Jehovah!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good thing you found your purse. I know that same feeling, which is why I'm paranoid about my keys, wallet, and phone (the result of which is, if I should ever lose them in a public place, I find out quickly that they are missing, and stop what I'm doing to go and find them. This rarely happens though, due to above-mentioned paranoid checking of all pockets every 10 minutes).

I know when I find something I've been intensely looking for, I thank God, I thank the Lord, I thank Bob, I thank anybody!!

• target
    target

Annie

Welcome! and congrats. I had the exact same thing happen. I lived six miles away and got all the way home before I missed my purse and when I got back to the store, there it was in the cart with the two movies I had rented. It never occurred to me to bring Jehovah into the event because I was too busy cussing myself out for my stupidity. It was the second time I had done that. I am a slow learner........about the purse and Jehovah. But ten years later, here I am still have my purse............

Target

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm really glad Jehovah made sure you got your money back, can you ask him for me that I have a really good marijuana harvest in the next couple of weeks, good sex, and find my lost keys, and if he has any more blessing left after that, ask him to stop starvation,wars,and things like that. I know that if Jehovah really likes you he can always be relied upon to find lost or misplace items like keys,money,bibles, and such, but prayers to stop world hunger,wars,and exploitation of the poor, he seems a little slow in answering, that's why I alway mention these last in my prayer if I mention them at all.

• poppers
    poppers

I lost my wallet once and spent an hour backtracking and found it in the seat of the movie theatre I attended. Not once did I pray about it, and yet it was found. My relief was great, but I felt no need to thank anyone. Is there a lesson here? I don't know. It's just something that happened.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Dear Annie:

Seems like Jehovah listens to you, so could you please ask him to let me win the lottery.

All joking aside, congratulations on getting your purse back. I know how awful it is when you loose something. Sorry you posted a sweet little story and you got hacked to pieces for it. Welcome here, please keep posting.

Loruhamah

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well I know exactly how you feel. I was at my local Target and left my handbag with cell phone, wallet, cash etc etc.... I rushed in a frantic/panic mode to find my belongings in fear my husband would get pissed, because once again his wife wasn't paying attention to her surroundings.

Long story short.... I was praying to all the gods and yes they were kind, so kind I found my personal items.

A short note for you honey, this is a EX JW board, we don't thank Jehovah anymore. If some have seem a little rude/artless--I do sincerely apologize. However, please read some of the stories and backgrounds of certain members. Maybe you will understand why there is so much anger or sarcastic remarks to your post. Then again think about it, maybe God is answering another prayer of yours?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    she wanted to share some relief with us not preach about Jehovah!

Uhhhh................with all due respect Bourne and LT - check out the title of this thread.................that is what we are responding to.........

• Gregor
    Gregor

Once when my wife, 3 little ones and I were having some hard times, I had just returned some pop bottles that I hade picked up along the road. I think it was less than $2.00. Anyway, I knew I couldn't buy many groceries with that and the cupboards were empty at home. I looked up in sky as I crossed the parking lot and said a silent prayer. When I looked down, right in front of me was a womans purse sitting in a shopping cart. I took a quick look around, grabbed it and skedaddled. From the contents I could see that the purse belonged to some ditz with plenty of cash and credit cards. I kept the cash and ditched the purse in a trash can. Thanks to our heavenly fathers intervention we were able to buy the kids burgers and cokes and we treated ourselves to a couple of T-bones and a nice bottle of Cab.

• lowden
    lowden

Annie

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Why THANK Jehovah on a forum mainly made up of 'dirty apostates'??

That don't make sense at all my dear.

Seems to me that you are what's known in the U.K. as 'a wind-up merchant'.

Little Toe

I don't agree with you my gentle pictish dude. But only because of my above statement.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit