Thank you Jehovah for answered prayers

by Annie Over 194 Replies latest jw friends

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

I'm with Littletoe on this one.....I understand how she must have felt.....

People! we left self righteousness when we left the Borg!

jason

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

It's an awful feeling when you misplace your purse/wallet/keys etc.

I've done it before and when I went back and was retracing my steps I was saying "oh please God, let it be there" over and over again and when I found it I said "Thank you LORD". I don't know that I actually attributed my finding my purse again with God protecting it from being stolen etc, it was just an automatic reaction to the situation.

When you do find it intact you are so elated that you want to share the experience with everyone that will listen.

I'm glad you found your purse intact Over Annie.

BB

• Warlock
    Warlock

Man, what an attack!

Warlock

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I dont usually post on threads like this, but I am.

If I were a newbie, and read most of these posts, I would never come back! She is still confused about the borg, and needs help and encouragement, and most of all, she should feel welcome here. I doubt that she is feeling that way right about now.

So welcome, and Im glad you found your purse! Hope you come back and post some more.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

BL:

If I were a newbie, and read most of these posts, I would never come back! She is still confused about the borg, and needs help and encouragement, and most of all, she should feel welcome here. I doubt that she is feeling that way right about now.

Allelujah! After reading that I feel so jubilant I could kiss ya

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

Yes Buttlight....that is probably the result......it's sad that our friend can't even vent without others trampling over her feelings!!

Yes...everybody has the right to express their opinions and feelings....but please not at the expense of someones feelings

jason

• dobbie
    dobbie

Being new myself it was just what i was thinking Buttlight

• Warlock
    Warlock

Your feelings and especially your opinions are ALWAYS at the expense of someone else's.

Warlock

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Well Annie I am real glad you got your purse back.

Do you think it would have still been there if you had rushed back the same, got stuck behind the same car, hit all the same red lights, but NOT prayed?

Anyway, when I was a Witness I was taught only to pray for things that were within god divine purpose. I remember an article in the watchtower on prayer that said if you feel your prayers arent being answered maybe its because you are praying for the wrong things. It said praying for things like the removal of the wicked, the vidication of Jehovahs name and such was OK, but praying for money or personal profit was not an acceptable subject to petition Jehovah about.

So im wondering how your purse fits into the divine purpose?

• JH
    JH

Welcome Annie,

I would like to think that God answers prayers, but if you just walk into a hospital and see so many people suffering, or go to the middle east and see all the suffering and killing there, if God did save your purse, how much more should he save people from suffering.

When I was a good JW, I saw God's hand everywhere, but now I don't see why God would help some and not others.

I think that many people saw your purse and didn't take it because most people are honest, unlike what the JW's say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit