September KM - 70 alterations in Revelation Climax Book

by dozy 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• evergreen
    evergreen

Hey everyone, To those who have relatives still attending. How about bringing up a conversation about the revelation book with them in a subtle way, to which they will obviously reply that the revalation book is going to be studied again at the group study. Something along those lines.

Then mention innocently, "oh thats interesting, i wonder if the society have any new light on revelation as they are studying it again". But would need to do it before the Km for sept comes out. That way they might thing "gulp" thats a lot of changes. What do you think??

• observador
    observador

What an interesting thread! Thanks everyone.
    Imagine a march of JW/Postate protesters shouting this:

Group 1 says in rapid pace: "WE CHANGED THE TRUTH AND NO ONE SAW"
    Group 2, just behind, says: 1984

- We changed the TRUTH and no one saw...

:)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

evergreen

My daughter is already in for a shock when she picks up her copy of the September Awake! and realises that she has seen the cover pic as the background on my computer. When is it appropriate for a JW to refuse to supply a Watchtower???

If she says anything about it, I might just slip in that there were some interesting changes in the Rev book too.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Stillajwexelder, that's quite an offer! I look forward to it. Let me know if I can help at all.

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

Dozy: Can you please scan the alterations for me so I can copy them. There is a JW that I want to discuss this with, so I want to be informed before I started talking to her about it. Thanks!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Lolly,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/117685/3.ashx

Scroll down just a bit, they were posted on page three of this thread.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    Dozy: Can you please scan the alterations for me so I can copy them. There is a JW that I want to discuss this with, so I want to be informed before I started talking to her about it. Thanks!

The scans have already been posted upthread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/117685/2068689/post.ashx#2068689

Marjorie

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    Page 107, ΒΆ9, replace footnote with: For more than 35 years, from 1895 to 1931, the words of Luke 21:25, 28, 31 were quoted on the cover of the Watchtower magazine against the backdrop of a lighthouse illuminating stormy skies over raging seas.

See this scan of a 1907 WT. Look how the lighthouse features cross-shaped windows. Note the "cross and crown" emblem on the cover.

http://anonymous.strike9.com/e875db72-7833-4930-8927-b267c42b0fc7.jpg

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes just got my September KM - truly amazing. A whole insert dedicated. Quite abit about the Septmeber and October campaign with False Religions End Near

• GBSJG
    GBSJG

When I told my mother about this she just said that it was very good. It's amazing how this works in a dub's mind. They seem to get all exicted if there are 70 errors in a book which they have studied already. They actually see it as a positive thing. Also nobody questions why they don't reprint the book.
    From another pro-JW forum some users made these comments about the september KM:
    "I find it so special, considering the things we learned at the DC that the end is so near we have to stay awake."
    "Something with sheeps and goats... The light of truth is really getting brighter."
    Sometimes those comments makes me wonder what must happen before a real JW will consider it as bad news?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit