September KM - 70 alterations in Revelation Climax Book

by dozy 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    so years later we find there are 70 alterations to a book we have studied many times.

So, does this mean that what we studied the last three times wasn't the truth? How are we to know this time that it's the truth for sure?

I seem to recall a story about a boy who cried wolf.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I'm just hoping that so many changes causes red flags to go up for some jw's.One or two changes might be tolerable but 70!!!!! Come on,you mean they studied this book 3 times and it was full of untruths???

Some people have to wonder if this book will be revised again in 18 years with another bunch of changes.I can just imagine how many people will attend the book studies and not really be into it because they're afraid if they try hard it will all be for nothing because the society might change the truth again down the road.

This should be interesting...

Goldminer

• Scully
    Scully

I would love to see the scans of this Kingdom Ministry.

Nos:

So, does this mean that what we studied the last three times wasn't the truth? How are we to know this time that it's the truth for sure?

I guess we'll have to wait another 20 years to find out.

And your first question is an excellent point to bring up whenever a JW calls their belief system The Truthâ„¢. It seems to me that the WTS has acknowledged a minimum of 70 false statements in earlier editions of this one book. How can they, in good conscience, call it The Truthâ„¢?

• glitter
    glitter

6 million JWs sitting down and noting alterations in a book they studied 3 times already... wow.

I have an optimistic feeling that deciding to re-study (even partially) this publication might well be one of the WTS's dumbest moves ever.

• dozy
    dozy

To clarify - many of the alterations are simply references to newer Watchtowers or WTS publications , so it is not accurate to say that there are 70 "false statements". I've given a few examples & will share the scan shortly.

• vitty
    vitty

I wonder if this list will make some sit up and THINK. 70 changes is a hell of a lot in a book , but i suppose it depends on how they word it............."arent we grateful to Jehovah for clearing things up and giving us a better knowlege of scripture"..yuck.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

It kinda sounds like the 'legal department' is running things...
    Regards,

Jim TX

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Like Vitty said, the drones will just blink and say how marvelous it is that Jehoopla saw fit to lovingly correct these minor errors. It just shows his spirit is upon the brothers, who are, after all, imperfect humans. What rich blessings he bestows!

• blondie
    blondie

It would be good to compare the older articles with the newer ones and see if there is change in "understanding."

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wouldn't the very existence of a four page insert of changes be a red flag for a discerning Witness?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit