September KM - 70 alterations in Revelation Climax Book

by dozy 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I sell on ebay-one of those books sold today. I am thinking I should have raised the price!

Shelly

• Gill
    Gill

Mkes you wonder if any current JWs will notice the 70 changes or if they will just quietly accept them. Certainly goes to show the mind numbing qualities of the WTBTS! Won't they even question these changes?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

OK lots of work here but is anyone willing to post the old text and now the "new and improved" Revelation text.

I didn't mind studying the revelation book, I'm pretty fascinated by end time prophecy and there were lots o' purdy pictures!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

The one big doctrinal/prophency change is the application of Matthew 25:31-33 which changed in 1995.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well you know how Blondie does a weekly critique of the WT study. I volunteer to do this when we start the Rev Grand Climax book. It will have all the new light in it along side the old light. Praise Jah

• loosie
    loosie

It seems to me that the changes could have taken place more discreetly and less noticably to the average JW if they just reprinted the book. Of course they shoudl strongly suggest that every JW a new book.

This just seems so blantantly obvious that they are admitting that they messed up.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Chapter 13, p. 69, par. 11

Old: "Almost 40 years ahead of time, they pointed to 1914 as the year marked in Bible prophecy as the end of the times of the Gentiles, when civil and ecclesiastical powers would be shaken.—Revelation 1:10; Luke 21:24-26, King James Version."

New: "Almost 40 years ahead of time, they pointed to 1914 as the year marked in Bible prophecy as the end of the times of the Gentiles, accompnaied by startling developments on earth.—Revelation 1:10"

(KJV) Luke 21:24
    And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Verses 25 and 26 have been pushed into the future, while verse 24 stayed in 1914. This is too confusing doctrinally, since the verses are in paragraph context without subject change, so it must be stricken from the book. While we are at it, let's pretend we didn't give often repeated false interpretations for the meaning of the signs in sun and moon and stars, the distress of nations, the roaring of the sea and waves, the fear of men due to the things coming for the earth, and the powers of the heavens being shaken.

This is, in my opinion, another MAJOR change. Still looking for more.

• carla
    carla

I volunteer to do this when we start the Rev Grand Climax book---- I wish somebody would!

I just cannot comprehend how the jw's can have "revisions', call it the truth and rewrite (or paste in) their own 'Spirit directed' books and not have a serious mental problems with the 'truth'.

Why aren't they going to be studying the new book that came out at the dc?

• heathen
    heathen
    New: "Almost 40 years ahead of time, they pointed to 1914 as the year marked in Bible prophecy as the end of the times of the Gentiles, accompnaied by startling developments on earth.—Revelation 1:10"

I'm saying they actually stated that the conclusion of the system would take place in 1914 not just the end of gentile times . They are real slick when reviewing what was going on to make it appear like they were some sort of prophet . They promised paradise but came up empty , that's the facts jack ...................... I don't know how anybody can read that without bringing out the obvious point that the WTBTS was founded with false prophesy . I think they even stole that from the millerites so it's not like Russell himself was anything in the prophet department ....

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I picked up a copy at a big garage sale last weekend and have spent today putting in the changes.

Another change for page 206.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit