September KM - 70 alterations in Revelation Climax Book

by dozy 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

Don't feel bad about your mom's response. I can relate. I get the same thing from my mom all the time, no matter how logical your argument might be. It's amazing how they think "worldly" people are so blind to the "truths" that the JW's preach and or teach. Yet they manifest the same blind, naive, narrow-minded unreasonableness and to a worse degree. And they can't see it or (I'm starting to think) they REFUSE to, for some of the reasons already mention in earlier comments here by others.

• blondie
    blondie

I bet some enterprising JW online comes up with some type of label to paste over the old statements.

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I must ask; why on God's Green Earth would they not simply print up a 'new and exciting' new book and have it released? I could author the title "Revelation - the End Approaches. Will you be ready ? "

As vitty and others have said [in essense] - this should be a red flag to loyalist that the emperor's clothes are missing.

If I were a witness I would really sit up and take notice of such massive amounts of revision. I would also wonder if the money is short since they can't give them a new book to use in the indoc sessions.

Jeff

• sir82
    sir82

This is rather odd.

I distinctly remember, in either the 2nd or 3rd time thru this book (or was it the "Greatest Man" book--anyways, one of the books studied numerous times) there was a KM article strongly recommending that JWs get a new book and "re-study" it. At least, do what passes for "study" for a JW -- underline "correct" answers.

I recall thinking, "hmm, seems like they want to 'enforce' that people study for the meeting, rather than just rely on their underlinings from the previous time thru."

Given that there are 70 "alterations" in the text, it would have been the perfect opportunity to crank out 6 million or so "revised" Revelation books, and have the JWs just use the newer editions in the book study. That would force them to "study" for the meetings.

Perhaps this is a sign that cash flow really is low? Are they fearful that they would end up losing money, that JWs wouldn't give enough "voluntary donations" to cover the cost of printing the (6+ million times 300 pages = ) 2 billion pages or so required?

• heathen
    heathen

LOL@sir82 --- Why should the R&F pay for the WTBTS mistakes ? I'd like them to exsplain why they frequent "apostate" boards that are the reason most likely for all these changes in doctrine. We are so good at showing they don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground . That's why. We take what they say seriously for it's fallibility not for it's truth . We know the history of changes over night to cover mistakes that most j-dubs are not allowed to even acknowledge . and they hate us for it .....................

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

How can they, in good conscience, call it The Truthâ„¢?

The Truth means "The Truth as we currently understand it" -in other words all they publish is just what is current thought, liable to change at any time.

To me, the real evil bit and conscience thing is "How the f-------g h---l can they in good conscience disfellowship somebody for apostasy for not believing something they publish, when it could all change anyway in about 5 years time" - now that is truly sickening to me

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I bet some enterprising JW online comes up with some type of label to paste over the old statements. Blondie I got some of thiose for the alterations in The Greatest Man BOOK

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

slimboyfat....Here ya go, it's #286: http://www.witnessinc.com/ordering_materials.html

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is totally absurd, I love it!
    The 'worlds biggest' publishing house can't put out a second edition? WTF? This is just totally stupid. They need money bad.
    And just so you know, they where asking congregations to make a resolution to send in the funds of $8 per pub in the USA. They just squeezed out an extra 8 million straight from individual congregation accounts.
    And they still can't afford a second edition.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

great thing to do would be go to the bookstudy ( for those of you who still can or have to stomach it) with the original book and answer the question according to old light forcing the conductor to correct you. Maybe someone there will question all the changes...of course they probably wont but its a good thought. Then again most of the R&F dont think for themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit